Knots (final part)

*~~~*

Sal and Travis sat on the bathroom floor, just talking, they had been there for almost fifteen minutes now, talking, heart to heart.

"And this... Girl... You were crying about?", Sal brought up once Travis had finished speaking a little bit about his home life.

"Oh- that's not really important", The blonde said with a sigh, slowly standing up wiping his face free of any tears that had fallen.

"Are you sure?- I mean you seemed really upset over it?", Sal chirped, following the boy up.

"I'm sure. It's just a stupid crush you could say. It's not important. They probably don't like me anyways", Travis chuckled shyly, walking over to the mirror.

"Hm, alright", Sal mumbled walking behind the blonde.

"I'm really happy you could trust me with all of this, Travis... You really aren't as bad as I thought you were", Sal smiled, causing his mask to shift a little in response.

"Yeah whatever... But if you tell anyone what happened here, I'm going have your head on a stick", Travis turned around with a scoff, but still a smile on his face. One that actually seemed genuine.

"Okay okay... Whatever you say. I should head back now. My friends will worry-", Sal said walking over to the door, stopping right as he opened it.

"Hm?", Travis turned around to him.

"Here", Sal said handing him a scrap of paper. "Call me if you ever need anything"

"Oh... Thanks", Travis grabbed the slip of paper, glanced at it briefly and shoved it in his back pocket.

With nothing else but a nod, Sal was on his way out.

*~~~*

The rest of the day went on as usual. Larry not leaving the blue haired boys side the rest of the day. But Sal, not telling him, nor anyone, about what had happened in the boys bathroom that day. He made a promise he couldn't break. He had finally gotten this boys trust. Even if it might have not been the best idea.

"Do you want to go to the skate part later today?", Larry said, holding onto Sal's shoulder as they walked down the busy hallway of students eager to get home. "Get some pizza!", Larry smiled, shaking Sal.

"Eh- I'm honestly really tired. I'd rather just go home and sleep", Sal adjusted his mask to rub his temples.

"Awww, c'mon. It's been awhile since we've gone out", Larry said with the biggest grin pressed against his face as the two walked out of the school building.

"I know.... I'll come next time, I promise. I'm just tired today", Sal sighed, kicking a rock in his path.

They waked home in silence, except for the occasional, sigh, or cough. While the cars rushed past the street next to them, until they got to the apartment.

"I'll see you later Larry", Sal said, opening the building door as Larry headed to the back to his treehouse.

"See you later dude", Larry yawned before he was out of the blue boys sight and then, Sal's phone in his back pocket buzzed.

"Hm", Sal grabbed his phone, opening it as he entered the first floor of the building and walking into the elevator before looking at the message.

One new message ((Unknown number)): Hi.

Sal cocked his head in confusion, as the elevator doors closed, and slowly starting its escalation.

Then, It clicked.

💙: Hey Travis :)

✝️: Why did you give me your number again?

💙: Idk, just in case you need anything ig :p

✝️: Why would I ever need anything from you?

💙: Jeez, You're mean over text too? Damn

Sal closed his phone, the elevator doors opened, and he walked out onto his floor, walking down the corridor until he reached his housing unit, carefully opening and closing the door.

His phone buzzed again. But he ignored it this time.

The blue haired boy sighed deeply, staring at the empty couch sitting pressed up against the wall, where his dad would have been sitting if he hadn't been so busy with work for the past few days.

He walked into his room, shutting the door behind him and swinging his backpack off his shoulder and next to the foot of his bed.

"Hey, Gizmo", He said to the sleeping pile of fluff that sat on his pillow, petting behind the cat's ears.

Sal sat down, pulling his phone out to see Travis's newest text.

✝️: I'm sorry okay.

💙: It's fine. Don't worry about it

✝️: This isn't some cruel prank right?

💙: I'm not like that, I promise

✝️: You better keep that stupid promise, loser.

💙: Love you too Travis 💕

✝️: Yeah, whatever.

Sal closed his phone, setting it on his bed side table as he laid down on the bed, looking at the popcorn ceiling of his room.

And before he knew it, he had blacked out, and before he knew it, the sun had fallen and risen again, and the next day had begun.