Unfinished Painting (part 1)

The rest of the school day went on as usual, suffering through boring and meaningless classes, and ignoring Travis's stupid and hurtful actions and remarks.

Sal was relieved when the final bell rang, signaling the day was over and they could all go home.

*~~~*

Sal slung his backpack over his shoulder with a sigh.

"You gonna go home and fuck your boyfriend? Eh queer", Travis scoffed as he stared in the blue haired boys direction.

Sal rolled his eyes, ignoring the boys antics, trying to walk past the crowded room to the exit.

"Ignoring me?", Travis chuckled to himself.

"Travis will you shut the fuck up already- Jesus Christ, you're annoying-", Sal turned his head around when he spoke before turning back around and walking out of the room and into the hallway, clustered with students.

"Boo!", Larry said abruptly, wrapping his arms around the shorter boys shoulders, causing him to jump a bit out of fear.

"Oh- Hey Larry-Bear", Sal smiled, his prosthetic mask not showing any emotions.

There was a small awkward silence between the two boys. Loud chatter filling the small hallways. Larry kept his arms around Sal's as the kept walking, to not get separated in the crowd.

The silence continued until the two boys were in the grassy lot of the front of the school.

"So how was your day? Travis didn't give you to much trouble did he?", Larry said, finally letting go of Sal.

"I wish... He can't go one day without having to tell me how much he hates me and my friends....", Sal huffed as he started to walk down the street, Larry following close behind him.

"You know I'm going to kick his ass one of these days...", Larry gritted his teeth with an angry expression on his face.

Sal stayed quiet in his thoughts, staring at his dark blue shoes as he walked.

"You're a good person Sal", Larry sighed, placing his hand on his friends shoulder.

"But you shouldn't be so sentimental for him. He's a dick- and he hates you! Why do you care so much-", The brunette continued.

"I just don't think we should treat him how he treats us, that would make us as bad as him, Larry", Sal picked up Larry's hand off his shoulder.

*~~~*

When the boys finally got back to the apartments, they went to Larry's room in the basement.

Sal sat on Larry's bed, his notebook sitting in his lap as he nodded his head to the rythem of the music Larry was playing on his radio.

"Whatcha doin'?", Larry stood in front of his bean bag, pulling his shirt over his head, exposing his bare chest.

"Hm-", Sal lifted his head to look at Larry. "Oh, I'm trying to write... My dad said it helps when you're in a stressful situation", Sal looked back at his notebook, tapping his pencil against the paper.

"What's this 'stressful situation?'", Larry asked, sitting on the corner of his bed, cocking his head towards Sal.

"Not sure.... Just stressed"