The Crumpled Note (part 2)

Travis tried his best to stay away from Sal all day and it was finally time for lunch....

For once, he wasn't starving and wasn't excited for lunch. If anything, he dreaded it... He knew that this would be Larry's perfect chance to get back at him for what he did to Sal earlier that day.

*~~~*

Travis sat at his empty table, his sandwich held in between his two hands, staring at the floor.

If he looked around, he would be in immediate danger if he somehow made eye contact with Larry, or even anyone else at the table.

Guilt filled him to the brim, he couldn't stand it anymore. Slamming his sandwich onto the tray infront of him, and standing up, throwing his lunch away before making his way out of the lunch room. Away from these people who seemed to be quietly taunting him.

*~At Sal's Table~*

"It was fucking Travis.", Larry grumbled.

"I never said that! I said, I wasn't going to tell you who it was, and you just immediately think it was him!", Sal protested.

"Sal! No one else would fucking do that!", Larry seemed pissed.

"He is right", Maple interrupted, not even looking away from her phone that she was hastily typing on.

The rest of the table nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to be right back... I left my water bottle in my locker", Sal slowly stood up from the table.

"I'm coming too, I'm sick and tired of you getting harassed. If he pulls anything, I swear to God, I'm gonna--", Larry didn't get to finish before Ashley slapped him on the head, so Sal could talk.

"I'll be fine. I don't need your help", The blue haired boy sighed, standing up and walking out of the cafeteria, alone, once again.

*~~~*

Sal shut his locker, opening the cap of his water bottle, and right before he was about to lift his mask to take a sip, he looked around.

He didn't want anyone to see his face.... He didn't want anyone to walk out and think there was a zombie standing in the middle of the hallway.

Sal huffed, putting the cap back on his water bottle and making his way towards the boy's bathroom. Opening and closing the door, not making a sound as he entered.

And once he was in, he slowly lifted his mask, just enough to take a sip of water, pulling it back down once he was finished.

And right as he was about to make his way out of the bathroom he noticed. By the singles there was a crumpled piece of paper not too far away from the trash can. It wasn't unusual for paper to be thrown around in the bathroom.

The bathroom was already filthy enough, but he was only drawn to this scrap of paper that had been pressed into a firm, but messy ball.

Sal bent over, picking up the paper and unraveling it, seeing dabbles of water pressed against the paper, with small smears of... Blood? On a few corners of the pages.