-chapter 6-

*lynx's pov*

A single notification from my phone stops me in my tracks. My hands are slick and sweaty, flicking with nerves as I turn my phone on, looking to the lockscreen.

The one girl that could get my stomach to drop in a matter of seconds has texted me back.

Billie.

Fuck.

My thumb hesitantly clicks on the message bubble as I look to what Bilile has replied.

I hate this new position I'm in with Billie. This awkward, weary stage that I experienced those few years ago except this time it's different. It's like 1000 times worse.

But I can't ignore her. I have to do something about whatever it is I still feel for this girl.

She is the one person I've been missing for YEARS. There isn't a day that has gone by without my brain reminding me of all out fond memories we had together.

However, I'm still cautious and almost scared to be around her.

After whatever the fuck happened yesterday, I know she's not stable enough to be around me. But who am I kidding? I'm not either.

As much as she tried to hide it, it was obvious she had run off to cry. Those puffy red eyes I know all too well or the way her hands shakes no matter how hard she tries to control it.

All those years apart from Billie clearly haven't tested my memory enough. I spent more time than I would like to admit just studying her body language, trying to work out how she felt and taking note of the way she subconsciously does things.

There may never be another opportunity like this, so I'll have to go for it. I never gave Billie a proper goodbye, I just...left. That wasn't fair to her.

No matter what she did to me before my abrupt departure, I should have plucked up the fucking courage to atleast say goodbye.

I have to make it up to her. It's the least I can do. After everything Fin revealed to me yesterday she deserves so much more.

I don't think I got just how much trust she had in me. I mean, she showed this girl she has little to no idea about a part of her life not even I would show to anyone.

So I need to just think of some way to tell Billie everything that went through my head that night or the months after that.

Those were my most vulnerable times but she deserves to hear about them.

I mean, Billie is still the woman I love. There's nothing that I wouldn't do for her.

My fingers finally go to the keyboard and start tapping on the little letters, writing my response.

billie

is now okay?

To my surprise, I see her little icon texting back right away, making my heart thump quicker than it already was.

sure

but could you come pick me up? Ion got my car cuz of tour and shit

yeah no problem

can i get your location?

I can't help but smile slightly at her texts despite how mundane they are. Shaking my head slightly to snap me out of my trance, however a smile still present of my face, I click on the pin Billie drops, quickly working out how long the journey would take.