Killing a cyclops and hey, my best bud's a satyr!

Start from the beginning

" Hell. " I muttered.

The man had brown eyes! No! Not eyes. EYE. He has only one eye which makes him a cyclops! I rubbed my eyes and stared back at the man with only one eye or in short, the cyclops. Part of me hoped that what i saw was just a trick of the light. But no, it was'nt. Keempee's babbling earlier made sense to me. They are real.

The cyclops were scrutinizing me and Keempee like we were some kind of a 10 story chocoloate cake which tasted great.

" How did you know my name, you ugly oaf? " I finally found the guts to question him why did he know my name while adding some insult.

" Secret. And don't call me an oaf! " The cyclops bellowed, then he took a nasty step towards me and Keempee.

I stepped back, dragging Keempee with me. His brown shaggy hair looked lifeless and his black eyes were screaming silently in fear.

" How do we kill this thing Keempee? " I asked. My voice quavering with fear.

" USE THIS! " It was a girl's voice coming from behind me and Keem. I turned around and managed to caught the 4 foot long golden sword the girl has thrown at me. I wondered where she got the sword but now is not the time to worry things like that.

" Prove your self. " She mouthed. The girl had electric blue eyes and she was wearing punk goth clothes. I nodded at her and threw my attention back to the oaf.

Good thing was, I had taken fencing classes 2 years ago, so I thought I could handle this ugly oaf. Bad thing? Keempee was now lying unconsciously on the gym floor, his crutches lying beside him. The cyclops must have smacked him with something  when I turned around. Poor Keem, my best bud.

" Yum! Satyr for lunch later! AND A---. " The ugly oaf trailed off when I stabbed him on his left thigh with the golden sword I was gripping. Wait, wait, wait. A satyr? Like, half human, half goat? Whoa. Who was he talking about anyway? Me or Keempee? Damn it. I'm not a satyr. Maybe it's Keempee, that has to explain the crutches and the wearing of pants for the whole school year.

The ugly oaf writhed in pain, green blood oozing from the gray material of his clothes. I saw him grab a baseball bat from the bleachers behind him and then he turned around. Just in time, I jumped behind him and slashed his right hand where he was holding the sword, I got him a really deep wound. The bat dropped and then he turned around again, screaming in frustration. I leaped to where he was facing at a moment ago and bravely aimed where his heart should be and thrusted my sword in. He crumpled to the floor and began to disintegrate. I've done it. I realized, I had good reflexes, that has to explain my ADHD.

" Brave kid. That was fantastic. " The girl with electric blue eyes remarked. My thoughts snapped back at Keempee. He was still unconscious and he had a nasty bleeding wound on his head. I bent down and stroked his forehead.

" What is your name? " The girl asked me.

" Silver Jeanne Clitherow. You? " I replied.

" I'm Thalia Grace."

" Nice name and uhm.. thanks for letting me use your sword earlier." I said then picked up the sword lying next to Keem's crutches and handed it to her.

" Don't mention it. You fought well. But  now, we really need to get out of here. You are not safe in the mortal world anymore. We need to leave. " Thalia murmured.

" Huh? Are we going somewhere?" I asked. My head spinning from all the things that have been happening. From Keempee's babble about Hades, the centaurs and Nereids to fighting an ugly cyclops with a golden sword borrowed from a stranger and becoming successful in killing it. And now? Keempee's injury.

" Yes, Silver. You need to settle at Camp Half-Blood before midnight. " Thalia sighed.

" Thalia, I'm a mortal. " I muttered.

Thalia laughed and snapped. " You are a demigod, Silver. "

"But how can it be?" I uttered.

But then, Thalia picked up Keempee and swung him on her shoulder, oh yeah, she's damn strong. She walked away, gesturing at me to follow her. I haven't got any choice, I really got to follow her.

" We will discuss more once were safe in the van. " She told me when we reached the parking lot and she climbed inside a blue van. I followed. The van roared to life and we were out of then we were out of the school. I noticed the driver, which Thalia greeted as Argus had eyes all over his body and was a big blonde guy.

Keempee lied peacefully as if he was sleeping at the back of the van when Thalia and I stared to talk.

" How the hell did I become a half blood?" I started.

" Do you have a mother? " Thalia asked

" Yes."

" And a father too?"

" No. Just Mother and my step sister Patricia. " My face became grim. I hate it when people ask me If I have a Father.

" That means your father is a God. "

" Huh? I--- I really am troubled."

" You are a daughter of a God and mortal. Well, don't be ridiculuos Silver. The Gods are true. Greek mythology, all of them.  I for one, is a daughter of Zeus. "

I gawked at her and then quickly closed my mouth.

" WOW. You're a scare. Well, don't electrify me or something. I warned her. Thalia just smiled.

" Don't worry about Novelyn and Patricia now, Silver. Jason, my brother, another child of Zeus handed them the letter that explains everything. Well, Novelyn know it. As a matter of fact, your clothes and stuffs were now at Camp. Jason sent me message. " Thalia explained.

" Well, that's fast."

" Get some sleep Silver. We are now on our way to Camp Half Blood. I expect you to be energized once we got there so that you will be able to withstand another set of truths, facts, that'll be going to slam in your face. " Thalia snorted.

" Yeah. Right. Thanks for everything anyway." I muttered then rested my head on the window. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath

Recalling that Thalia had called me a half blood, now explains that I'm not the old Silver anymore.

I'm now Silver, the demigod. Planting the truth in my head, I drifted off to sleep.