Chapter ~ 24

He reaches below her office building. As he had no permission to go inside, he calls her phone which goes unanswered. He calls her again after 2 minutes, it goes unanswered.

He gets a call from an unknown number. He receives it and speaks.

Sidharth: Hello!

Lady: Hello. Is this Mr. Sidharth Bhosle?

Sidharth: Yes, speaking.

Lady: Mr. Sidharth, I am calling from your wife Sana Bhosle's office. Your wife collapsed on ground in cafeteria. We are taking her to City hospital.

Sidharth: What? Where is she now? I am just outside your office building.

As he spoke, an ambulance arrived and parked infront of the building. Two people carried a stretcher on which Sana was lying. He runs to her.

Sidharth: Sana Sana!! Sana Sana!!

He is stopped by office boy!

Suraj: Tukaram, he is her husband! Let him go with her.

Sidharth is asked to come to hospital. He drives behind the ambulance.
.
.
.
.

Even after ignoring phone calls from Varsha, she keeps calling him. Finally Sidharth gave up and receives her call.

Sidharth: Yes, Varsha what is it?

Varsha: I just called to check how was your interview? Why haven't you come home yet?

Sidharth: I can't speak to you at the moment, I am on my way to the City hospital.

Varsha: What? What happened to Sana? Is she alright?

Sidharth: Don't know. Doctors will tell me after checking her . (Disconnects)

Sidharth was sitting anxiously outside, when the doctor comes out.

Doctor: Are you Sana's husband?

Sidharth: Yes Doctor. What happened to her?

Doctor: Nothing to panic. She is pregnant, she fainted because she didn't eat for long and might have been stressed out as well. Congratulations to you!!

Sidharth was very happy. He had got the job and the good news of her pregnancy too.

Sidharth: Thank you doctor.

Doctor: I've written some essential supplements for her. Get them from the pharmacy. You can take her home with you after that.
.
.
.
.
Sidharth looked at Sana who looked dull as she sat on the bed and looked outside the window. It was late evening Post dinner when he takes her for a walk to a park. They sit on the bench.

Sidharth: Sana, what happened to you? Why are you so silent and dull? The happiness you had on your face when you left for office in the morning isn't the same even after getting the news of our baby's arrival.

Sana: Siddu, I want to confess something. Since, you avoided me all these days and I felt lonely, I grew very close to someone at the office.

Sidharth: (shocked and angry) What? Have you gone mad? I hate such jokes.

Sana: But I am not joking Sidharth.

Sidharth: How close? Whose baby is it, Sana?

Sana put her head down.

Sidharth: What do I take from this silence? (Takes a pause) Who is he? I will kill him and you as well. How could you do this? Were you out of your mind? Did you forget that we are married? (He held her by her neck) And what do you mean I avoided you?

Sana: You blamed me for everything happening in your life.

Sidharth: I was frustrated being jobless, you damn it!! There you shared intimacy with your colleagues and here I was feeling guilty of just being kissed by Varsha last night. You don't deserve my love.

Sana looked at him in his eyes.

Sana: Is that why you poisoned my food Sidharth?

Sidharth: What? What the hell are you speaking?

Sana: I lied to you Sidharth. I am not having any extra marital affair. But seems like you are hiding a lot of secrets from me now. I wanted to get this secret out from your own mouth because I didn't believe Varsha when she said that you both love each other, you both kissed each other last night and that you poisoned my lunch to get rid of me.

Sidharth: She is lying. I didn't poison your food.

Sana: Sidharth, it's already proved that there was poison in the food. I unknowingly threw the stale food from my lunch box in the dust bin and the cats which ate it died. Still I didn't believe her but you yourself confirmed that you kissed her last night.

Sidharth: I didn't, she did! She mistook my sympathy for love. I only love you Sana.

Sana: Sidharth, you've been avoiding me since one month. You sympathised for her condition than mine. We are friends since birth and I thought you knew me better than myself. But you taunted me everytime I spoke to you not for once understanding that how much I was struggling at office.

Sidharth: I realised it late Sana.

Sana: Let me complete Sidharth. I brushed it off yesterday night but I can't get over the fact that you grew so close to another girl that she thought you loved her and kissed you too. Mere the lie of me being having an affair made you feel like killing me and the other person. You even doubted the child in my womb. How am I suppose to react to all this? If my story was true would you have just forgiven me?

Sidharth: Sana I know I was wrong but the situation you described was totally a different aspect.

Sana: How can you justify it Sidharth? Weren't you the one who bashed my colleague Suraj for just talking to me last year when we went on our first date? Imagine if he had kissed me, would you still say the same thing?

Sidharth shut his mouth and put his head down.

Sana: How do I feel secured to stay in the house where my food was poisoned? If not for my life then for the one in my womb, I can't stay with you.

Sidharth: No, Sana. Do you think I will poison your food? May be it was just a coincidence that the cat died.

Sana: Cats, Sidharth. Three Cats to be specific!! All three can't die out of coincidence right?

Sidharth: Oh God!! Then it might be someone from your office.

Sana: If it was from office how would Varsha know that there was poison in my food?

Sidharth: (Thinks for a while) It's Varsha herself. I remember when she called me in the afternoon, I just said I was going to hospital and her question was "What happened to Sana? How is she?" I hadn't mentioned anything about you to her. Probably, she thought that you ate the lunch and that's why I was going to hospital. She is trying to seperate us Sana. Don't fall prey for her evil plans.

Sana: What do you plan to do?

Sidharth: We can't prove about poisoning to the police since we have no evidence. I am going to ask them to leave the house. Patil uncle already paid the next month's rent in advance. I will return them the money and ask them to vacate immediately. (Holds her both hands) Sana, please forgive me for whatever happened. It was very foolish of me to behave badly with you which gave rise to all this circumstances. But believe me Sana, I love only you and can never think of loving anyone else other than you.

______________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️