Chapter ~ 3

Sidharth no more had the desire to stay for the rest of the function. He changed back to his uniform before he rode back home on his bicycle.

Vani was watering the plants in her garden.

Vani: Hey Sidharth, how was the farewell? So soon it got over?

Sidharth: Yes, it was good.

Vani: Poor Sana, she was so excited to wear Saree since so many days but looks like it was someone's evil eye that she fell sick and came back home. She returned home crying.

Sidharth didn't knew what to speak.

It's not evil eye aatya, it's the evil himself, me. She was looking so gorgeous in that yellow saree. She even forgot our yesterday's disagreement and behaved normal and I messed up everything. How do I correct it now?

He rang on her telephone number. Everytime he called either her mother or brother received the call. He didn't speak to them since he didn't wanted to show that they fought and the reason behind it. They didn't have mobile phones yet.

He thought for a while then locked his door and put his plan to action. He took a bagpack and jumped from his terrace on hers. He walked towards place where her room window was. He checked and found her window open.

He lowered a string, to which had a bunch of roses from his garden were tied. He picked up small pebbles and tried hitting it on her window so that she notices. After 6 attempts, she looked out of the window and saw the roses.

What's that? Roses? They look like the one from Shivam's garden. Shivam? Am I dreaming?

She ran to the window and untied the roses and smelt it. Sidharth was happy. He pulled up the string and then released another string. It had a paper cup tied to both the ends. As it reached the window, Sana looked at it in confusion. She pulled it inside and looked at it. On the cup it was written "Put me on your ears". She understood what it was, a papercup phone. She smiled and placed it on her ears.

Sidharth: Hello, Sana.. (He shifted the cup to his ears and sat on the ground leaning to the compound wall of the terrace)

Sana: (spoke in the cup) Huh?? Sidharth? Is that you?

Sidharth: Were you expecting someone else?

Sana: Weren't you done with this in school? Please pardon me! (She was about to throw the cup)

Sidharth: Sana.. Sorry sorry sorry!! Please don't throw it. I am sorry, I hurt you.

Sana: Siddu, what's wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this?

Sidharth: Sana, forget it please. It won't happen again. We are friends right?

Sana: Ofcourse we are!! No matter how much we fight, we will be always best friends. You aren't getting rid of me in this life. ('I am going to be the part of Bhosle family in future')

Sidharth smiles and thinks. 'Yes, I want you forever in my life as my future wife, Mrs. Sana Sidharth Bhosle. Though I am 16, I am clear that this is one thing happening for sure in my life.'

They both were lost in their thought when Vani enters the room.

Vani: Sana. Balla (baby), How are you feeling now?

Sana immediately pulls the string and it cuts into half leaving a cup and a little string with both of them. Sana hides the cup in her hand behind her back. Vani didn't observe this as her attention was on the hot herbal tea she held in her hand for Sana.

Sana: I am fine mumma. What's in your hand?

Sana slowly keeps the cup on the table behind the books and approaches Vani.