Chapter ~ 25

Sana was still mad with Sidharth for his behaviour and Varsha's evil plans. The confirmation about kiss from Sidharth's mouth was even more hurting.

Siddu, I love you too. But I am not letting you escape the punishment. I don't want you to repeat such thing in future. Even more because after this our responsibilities would increase as parents.

But before everything, I need to teach that Varsha a lesson. How dare she kissed my husband? How dare she created differences between me and Siddu? How dare she poisoned my food?

Siddu can't stop me from doing this. I remember how he acted with Suraj on our date night and how he reacted when that Jayesh came to see me with marriage proposal. Even I have all the rights to be possessive about my husband.

Sana: Sidharth, I need sometime to think over it. You can do as you wish.

Sidharth thought of concentrating on throwing out Varsha first as he wanted to ensure Sana's safety. He decided to pacify Sana later.

Sidharth: Sana, Patil uncle is returning tomorrow morning until then we can't throw her out of the house.  As it is very late night and she is the only lady with no other place to go. I promise, I will not let anything happen to you.

Sana didn't speak a word and starts walking back home. He follows her. He doesn't speak a word to Varsha as he didn't wanted to give her any clue about him being aware of her evil plans. He locks their room door securely and kept awake whole night to guard Sana.

It was Saturday and they all were at home. They were not communicating to one another. Sidharth was eagerly waiting for Patil to come home.

Patil arrives home and as soon as he enters, Sidharth approaches him.

Sidharth: I want to talk to you could you come to the balcony please?

Patil: Sure. I'll keep my bag inside the room and come.

Sidharth waits until Patil comes to the balcony.

Sidharth: Patil uncle, I had already informed you that I stay with my wife when you first came to inspect the house. But your daughter seems to had mistaken that Sana was my sister. Being unemployed, I sympathised with her but she mistook it for love. When I told her that Sana is my wife and I loved her, the next day she poisoned Sana's food.

Patil: What are you saying? Why would she do so?

Sidharth: It's true. She herself went and told Sana that I love her and I poisoned her food. Luckily Sana had disposed off the food into dustbin but it was confirmed that it was indeed poisoned when the three Cats which ate the food died. Patil uncle, my wife is expecting a baby, I can't take any risk of keeping you or your daughter in my house after this incident. I will return the advance rent to you but please vacate the house immediately.

Patil: Sidharth, it's understandable and totally fine that you want me to leave but you don't have to give such foolish reasons to send us out.

Sidharth: Patil Uncle, if I was such bad person, I would have sent away your daughter last night itself when I learnt about it. I waited for you because I understand your situation. You should also understand my condition.

Varsha appeared of nowhere and interrupted.

Varsha: What the hell? He is lying Baba. He tried to molest me in your absence and just to escape, he is giving you crappy reasons. I locked myself in the room since then. I will file a police complain on him. I waited for you baba to come home.

Patil: What? How dare you Sidharth?

Sana: Excuse me Sir!! I knew this evil lady would do something more evil. I have sent those dead cats to the laboratory along with my Tiffin box for testing. The result will be here by  evening today. Then, I myself will call the police who will do detailed investigation and send her behind the bars. I have confiscated the poison container as well.

Patil: What's going on here? Varsha come to the room. (He takes her with him to the room and locks it) Are you telling the truth Varsha. Your life will be spoilt if you are falsely accusing him. Who will marry you? Did you poison her food? Tell me?
.
.
.
Sidharth: When did you send the dead cats and tiffin box for the test?

Sana: I didn't, I just want her to confess her crime with her own mouth. I sensed she would do something like this. Hearing that I have proofs against her she would think thousand times before falsely accusing you of molestation.

Sidharth: What if she doesn't confess? She is accusing me of molestation. In our society, a woman is victim by default in such cases and the man is guilty by default unless proved otherwise. The onus is on us to prove. We will lose everything. I repent of keeping them as my tenant and sympathizing with her.

Sana: Don't overthink. We are in this together. I won't let her spoil our lives. She will definitely confess.
.
.
.
Patil: Tell me Varsha. Don't be silent. Whatever Sana is saying, is it true? How can be she so confident of you having poisoned her and also have proof against you? Did you poison her food?

Varsha: Yes, I did! He doesn't love her Baba. I want to marry him. Tell her to leave him and go away from our lives. I will keep him happy.

Patil: Have you gone mad? She is his wife and she is expecting a baby. What do you know about their life? I feel ashamed of calling you my daughter. We are vacating the house now. I can't face them now after accusing him falsely. They helped us when we were in need and you did this to them.

Varsha picks up a fruit knife from the table and runs towards Patil. He runs to the other side of the bed and move to and fro to escape her.

Varsha: You old man, don't you understand that I love him.

Patil: Varsha? What are you doing? Did you forget I am your father?

Varsha: Father? You don't understand my condition. You don't want my happiness. What's the use of you being alive? Mom also didn't care about my happiness. She taunted me everyday saying that I was jobless. That day she asked me to wash utensils when I had just applied my nail paint. I said I will do it later but she said I was jobless hence I killed her. (Smirks)

Patil: What? You killed your mother? You witch! (Runs near the door)

Varsha: Yes, I hid her asthma pump to kill her and now you are going to die. I will put the blame on Sana and then I will marry Sidharth.

Patil slowly unlocks the door while she spoke and runs outside.

Patil: Sidharth.. Sana.. Save yourself. Varsha has gone mad, she is after my life. (Screams)

Varsha runs behind Patil and Sidharth holds her from back and they tie her up.

Sana calls police station and they send Varsha to the mental asylum for treatment. She had gone mad due to joblessness.

Patil grieved learning that his own daughter was the cause of death of his wife and that she tried killing him and Sana as well. He apologized Sana and Sidharth for whatever they had to go through due to his mad daughter. He vacated the house and went away.

______________________
To be continued.. ❤️❤️