Chapter ~ 2

Sana walked out of her room and Sidharth followed her. Shivam along with Amol was sitting in the drawing room

Shivam, a young lad with fair complexion, dark brown eyes and straight black hair. He was a little taller than Sidharth. He was a no nonsense, focused, reserved and conservative person. He was brilliant in studies and had looks to die for. He had his life goals set as early as when he was in 8th Standard which he didn't disclose to anyone until it was necessary, not even his parents. He never allowed any distractions to hamper those goals.

Amol wasn't as brilliant as Shivam in studies but he stuck to Shivam like his shadow as his parents always gave him example of Shivam's achievements. Be it sports, social service activities or studies Amol was always with him. Their parents when got together always spoke about their friendship and often joked that more then Sidharth and Shivam, Amol and Shivam looked like 'Ram-Lakshman' (brothers) pair.

Sana's liking for Shivam was also majorly due to her parent's and brother's admiration towards him.

On the other hand, Sana and Sidharth were best buddies who could even die for each other. They went out of their way to help each other and were each other's home in bad times. They shared everything except their secret crush - Sana's liking towards Shivam and Sidharth's liking towards Sana.

Sidharth!! A lean, dusky yet a very handsome boy. He was witty, intelligent, caring and a friendly person. Though Shivam got all the praises from his parents for his brilliant mind and achievements, Sidharth was smart-working and ran all the errands for home. He didn't set any rigid goals in life as he believed in being flexible and adaptive to changes. He liked to win but loved to lose for his loved ones.

Sana glanced at Shivam. He raised his eyebrows and signalled moving his neck to sit on the chair beside him.

She was shocked, this was the first time Shivam looked at her and signalled her to come near him. Her hands were cold and her heart thudded against her chest, challenging to come out of the rib cage.

She looked down blushingly and when she lifted her head again she saw Sidharth sitting next to him. The two brothers high-fived which made her realize that the signal was for Sidharth.

She face-palmed herself virtually and smiled looking down the floor. Sidharth observed her smile and melted like a butter. She occupied the seat opposite to them. Sidharth gawked at her every now and then while Sana stole glances of Shivam. Sidharth mistook her glances for himself and celebrated the joy within.

Vani gave mock test problems to both Amol and Shivam. She then asked Sidharth to sit with Sana as she helped them in solving an equation from previous board papers.

Shivam: Ma'am, I'm done!

Vani jaw was left open as she gave them 30 minutes time but he came back in 15 minutes. Amol was still sweating in nervousness to solve the problem.

Vani: That's awesome! As I had told you, if you crack this one your 70% marks is guaranteed. Let's see!

Vani took the book in hand to check. Sana ogled at Shivam hopelessly which didn't go well with Sidharth. He felt hurt when everyone praised his brother and his efforts were over-shadowed, yet he always chose to ignore, but this time it was Sana. He couldn't tolerate her eyes on his brother. Vani was taking out her working book to cross-check the answer.

Sidharth looked at Shivam's book which was lying open on the table infront and he laughed. Everyone looked at him with annoyed face.

Vani: What's the matter Sidharth? What made you laugh looking at his answer?