Chapter ~ 20

Everyone arrives for the house warming ceremony and they celebrate it with great joy. The ladies get busy with cooking, while Sidharth and Sana sit for the rituals.

They all have the feast in the afternoon.

Prema: Oh boy!! It's so nice to be together without caring for anyone eyeing on us or having to hide any kind of relation.

Ramnath: True! We can't openly celebrate in our hometown fearing people will judge us.

Ananth: I wish, if we had Shivam between us today.

There was absolute silence. Sidharth and Sana looked at each other as they didn't know what to say. They knew that if Shivam was alive, they wouldn't have been celebrating this event. Their world would have been full of heart aches and misery.

Sidharth: Shall we play something for some fun?

Amol: Like what?

Sidharth: Team tasks. Will make a chit and then draw it to compete in team.

Amol: I'll be the judge, y'all can play in couples.

They agree and Amol makes a task chits and once done he asks Prema to pick one.

"All husband to do hairstyles for their wife"

The men look at each other since they had no idea what to do. They were giving 20 straws as a prop for hairstyle.

Each couple goes inside a room.
Vani and Ramnath sit and plan. Ramnath pokes straw in circle around her bun.

Ananth and Prema were too shy, Ananth pokes the straw in her plaits.

Sidharth: Sana, we need to win this at any cost.

Sana: Chill Siddu, they are our parents. Let them win. How about some romance? (Puts her hand around his neck)

Sidharth: (throws her hand away) No way! They are our competitors right now. Nothing else.

He ties the straws together and makes a crown for her and places on her head.

Amol calls them after 5 minutes and inspects them.

Amol: Baba, What's this?

Ramnath: Hmm.. She is an aadivaasi lady (indigenous lady)

Amol: Okay nice! (To Ananth) What's this kaka?

Ananth: God knows!! Hmm.. wait.. when you don't understand something, you can call it a modern art.

Amol: (laughs) okay kaka!!  Wow!! Sidharth, is this a crown?

Sidharth: Yes, She is my queen and she deserves the crown.

Amol: I liked the answer. I have got my winner for this round. It's Sidharth and Sana. Next round.

Vani picks the chit.

"Men wears Saree, women can only instruct without touching or speaking"

Sidharth: (whispers in Sana's ears) I only know how to untie it. I would have won if that was the competition.

Sana: (hits her elbow) Tssshh.. shameless!

Next moment, Amol was laughing rolling on the floor as the men struggled to tie the saree. The ladies were putting their best effort to signal the men to show how to wear it. Sana grabs a spare saree and wears it show Sidharth how its tied. The time was up.

Amol laughs as Ramnath hardly rolled any saree on his body instead it was on his head like a veil, Ananth just wrapped the saree around his leg making it difficult to walk, Sidharth was presentable though not perfect.