Horror Film // D. O'Brien

I cannot, for the life of me, sit through a horror film. I've tried so many times over the years, I just can't do it.

And Dylan fucking knows it.

I walked into the living room to watch a movie with Dylan, but he picked out a horror. He loves watching them. I looked at the screen to see what he was planning on torturing me with and I immediately turned around. I felt his hand grasp my arm and spin me to face him.

"Dyl." I whined.

"Jupe." He drawled.

"Babe, you know I can't watch horror movies. I physically can't." I looked up at him with a pout.

"Please? Just this once?" He pleaded. He noticed I wasn't going to budge he used the one line that always makes me weak, "For me?" He pouted. He pouted! He knows I can't say no to him when he pouts...damn his perfect face.

I huffed, "Fine..." He hugged me tightly before throwing me over his shoulder.

"Babe!" I squealed, "Put me down!"

He just started laughing at me.

"Dylan Rhodes O'Brien!" I shouted laughing.

"Jupiter May Adey!" He shouted back, starting to tickle me.

"Put me down!" I yelped.

He did as he was told and threw me on our couch. He settled in the corner of the L-shaped sofa, I snuggled up to him, pulling a blanket over us both. I rested my chin on his chest and looked into his honey brown eyes, "Babe, do I have to? I'm begging you."

"Unfortunately, you have to." He smirked.

I sighed turned to face the TV, my chin still resting on his chest.

"But don't worry, baby," He pecked my cheek, "I'll protect you."

I huffed a laugh and rolled my eyes. I wasn't going to like this but at least I had my boyfriend to hide behind when I got scared.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded and braced myself for the jump-scares.

I heard the film end and the music for the credits start, I peeked from my hiding place to indeed see the credits rolling on the screen.

About fifteen minutes into the film, I had already buried my head in Dylan's chest, bunching up his shirt tightly in my hands. I hadn't dared move for the whole hour and 45 minute long movie. I looked from the screen to Dylan.

He was flat out asleep.

I giggled and laid my head back on his chest, waking him up in the process.

"Have a nice nap, Sleeping Beauty?" I cooed, smiling up at him.

"I feel asleep?" He asked groggily.

"Yeah. I had to protect myself from the movie." I feigned a pout, earning a kiss from Dylan. He kissed me softly for a few moments, resting his forehead against mine, interlocking our fingers and kissing my knuckles.

I giggled, laying my head on his chest.

"I love you." I mumbled.

"And I love you." He murmured into my hair as he kissed the top of my head.