“You probably did. Your outfit didn’t seem to survive either.” He pointed to her loose shirt.

It was barely hanging on her shoulders by a few threads. He handed her the needle he was going to use minutes before she walked in.

She leaned into him as his arms wrapped around her. Deva kissed his mutilated jaw hoping to dull the pain.

"I'm sorry."

Adamarius remained quiet as she worked. He flinched once or twice as the needle pierced his skin over and over. Deva’s hand was steady and accurate which surprised him.

"You should shower." His fingers began playing with the hem of her shirt.

It just barely covered her butt. Deva took a step back and that simple movement of not having her in his arms saddened him.

She lifted the shirt up and over her shoulders, throwing it on the floor. Adamarius' eyes darkened. He enjoyed her sweet torture but knew it came with caution. Everything was still new to them; her, Darius, and himself. He didn't want to push her boundaries especially when he didn't knew her concept of marriage.

"You need a shower too." She stated.

Her body never looked more beautiful. Her skin was pale but with a tint of bronze that shimmered from the sweat.

Deva came forward to help undo his zipper. Adamarius couldn't take his eyes off her, the smell of her wild hair bringing forth an old dream and a new hope.

She turned and walked towards the large shower. 

The view of her naked flesh made his stomach sink to the ground. He wanted her... for so long. He stepped into the shower, the steam from the hot water made a mist around them.

Deva took a bar of soap and started washing herself, scrubbing the dry blood off her hands. They watched each other carefully and longingly as they lathered their own bodies. Deva knew it wasn't the time for it but the temptation was standing in front of her.

She wouldn't allow herself to lower her gaze any further than his waist. She finished quickly and wrapped herself in a towel before scavenging for something to wear.

"Izzy packed you a bag a few days ago with some clothes. I brought it over when I was helping Max."

Adamarius went to the other side of the bed to retrieve the duffle bag for her. They both changed in silence when the phone rang. There was a phone tucked in the side of the pocket.

She answered and an imagine of Alcide appeared on the screen.

"Hi Momma. Where are you?" His angelic voice gave her the sweetest warmth.

"Hi baby. I'm on a little trip with Uncle Marius. I'll be home soon."

"That's what daddy said." His eyes shifted to the left giving his father a look.

"What are you doing today? Are you being nice to Joshua?" She knew he was.

"Yes momma. We're gonna play laser tag with uncle Marcus and aunt Elle today."

"That's wonderful. Go easy on them. Don't make uncle Marcus cry again."

He giggled. "Ok momma. I love you."

"I love you too baby."

Adamarius left the room to give her privacy as Darius took the phone.

"How are you sweetheart?"

She smiled, thankful no real harm was done last night. "I'm good. Honestly I can't remember much of last night. Marius said I blacked out."

Darius nodded. "Yes. I saw. Maybe it's a good thing you don't remember. You put up a good fight with Adam. Is he alright?"