Gulf and his family

Gulf was the only child of Mr and Mrs Ron. Mr and Mrs Ron were both police officers. They had an arranged marriage. Things were good until Gulf was born. Soon their family atmosphere took a shift from a normal one to much of a complicated one.

The couple were so bright at their profession that the birth of Gulf affected Mrs Ron a lot. She had to extend her maternity leave as her husband denied to take leave to look after Gulf. Mr Ron were at the verge of a promotion that if he suddenly took a leave, it will badly affect his promotion.

Mrs Ron's family came in to take care of Gulf and the mother. But that was the beginning of the everything, that was the end of a peacefull family life.

Mrs Ron began to have mixed thoughts about his husband that he is not giving any attention neither to her nor to his child.

She began to feel that it is always SHE the giver in their married life and it's always she who sacrifices for Gulf.

Insecurities began to pile up inside the mind of Mrs Ron so much that she was not ready to let it slide.

And later the couple's began to have fight over this issue. Later on their life was never a peaceful one. None of them give in nor try to solve the issues. They began to fight over every silly matters they got.

"And there was a small boy growing by hearing all these".

Years went by,

How many plates did they broke Gulf; said the neighbour sarcastically.

That was the good morning greeting of my neighbour that I often get when I open my door to fetch the newspaper and the milk packets. But I just gave him a smile.

They can't be balmed at, afterall they are hugely disturbed by the unpleasant situations inside my family. And moreover I am quite used to it.

Not only the neighbours but my classmates too. One of my classmate who is also my neighbour began to team up with others to tease me regarding my fighting parents.

My teenage together with the college life was never a peaceful one.
I barely had friends. Afterall who likes to be friends with someone, whose family humiliates their friends when they are been called over for a party.

It was during my 18th b'day, that finally my parents agreed upon my wish. All I wished for was to celebrate my bday with my parents and friends so as to show my friends and neighbours that we are a happy family and to change the old picture of my family in the eyes of others.

But never did I knew that it was hell of a bad option.

I got myself ready in a full sleeve shirt and tight pants. Hair nicely combed. Shoes well polished. I was extremely excited.

I welcomed the guests, my friends, neighbours. They gave me gifts. Happiness filled my mind. My parents too got ready.

Everybody gathered around the table to cut the cake. My father was there beside me. The only one missing was my mother. My father called out for her, but she was busy with a phonecall. So my father decides to go and get her himself.

After a few minutes of wait I heard a loud sound from the room. There it goes again.

I rushed to the room.

Dad, Mom open the door , I shouted

The door was not locked. So I opened and rushed in. What happened , I asked.

But they didn't give me any reply. Their fight went on and all I understood was that my mom had an emergency and she wanted to go as soon as possible and my dad was not okay with it as they were having guests.

'I don't give a shit about' it said my mom out loud. Tears filled my eyes as I see the guests staring at me, some were pityful
others were sarcastic glares.

I saw my father fuming up in anger and rushing to the hall and he vended his cake by throwing away the cake and the decorations.

'What are you all staring at , now get out everyone' , shouted my father.

Tears filled my eyes. I rushed to my friends and said that I am so sorry for this.But they just left.

I stood there with my head hung up so low. Everyone left.

And then there was silence. But soon it was interrupted by a phone call. It was a call for my mom. With in no time she rushed out.

Dad locked himself in his office room.

I once again looked at the mess. My bday cake, the decorations. Everything is quite shabby.

I bend down and just grab a piece of cake which was lying down on the floor and licked it and said happy bday to myself. There I let my tears to flow down . I was so broken. All I wished for was a happy family but all I received was this.

Is it so unfair to ask for a little family time,a happy time. That night I cried myself to sleep.

I was embarrassed rather ashamed to attend college the next day. But staying over home was never a good choice for me as that would only give another reason for my parents to fight over .

Hey Mike , morning, I am so sorry for yesterday; I said when I saw Mike at the parking lot.

"It's okay, I got to go,my girlfriend is waiting, bye gulf " he said and rushed to the building.

I did expected this. After the b'day incident at my home, my friends began to avoid me. And that's when I decided not to get close to more people as I was deeply hurt already.

Soon after college I got the job as a graphics designer in a nearby office. I wanted to live with my parents and that's why I choose that job as the office is within a bearable distance for a daily travel.

The job was actually a stress reliever for me. I immersed myself at job to create the best result and it didn't took much time to establish my own name in my field.

Soon I began to get offers to go abroad, but declined all of them with lame excuses. The only reason was that I wanted to live with my family. I loved them so much so that I expect that one day my life would turn out to be the way I wanted it to be . I just wish to live happily with my dad and mom.

__________________________

A/N: Hello there, its me V.bose, the author .

Hope you all are liking my story. I just started it today. I am so excited 😊. Is it too lengthy?? Do you like how the story goes . Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments. Let's keep in touch.