It was slightly static and would stay that way until he returned to skin and reintroduced to the pack.

But the two males aided him in dragging the rest of the deer off towards the sanctuaries entrance. Making it an easy travel for when Remus needed to retrieve another limb, he barked his thanks before separating the other leg and turning back.

And he could hardly hold back in seeing Sage gnawing on the bone, whether it was to show she was still hungry or because the puppies were attempting to do the same and she was showing them...

Whatever it was, he wish he had a camera.

I have plenty more, hun.

Sage had left the bone idly by, and the pups tackled to get their own licks in. However Sage growled at the other wolves' smell lingering on the deer.

And it caused her to curl up and around the pups to protect them, this was what Remus had been warned about prior.

Some hunters helped me move the deer, they know better than to come here...Nobody's here.

The pups whined in fear at their mother's warning, and when she started to calm down...The pups had attacked her with kisses to her muzzle, interest in the smell of blood and deer meat. But they didn't have strong enough teeth, in a few weeks, they would be able to eat it mushed up.

But otherwise, it was too early.

Remus felt as though he blinked his eyes, all the first moments were now just a precious memory.
He had funneled out of the tunnel first, making sure that the area was clear. Though he knew it was, he had just been out, checking to make sure there wasn't anything abnormal and that the weather held up—It hadn't been too cold for the pups, nor too hot.

So when he turned around he caught Sage nudging the pups up the steep decline that the created den provided for them, yet seeing the pups in such a natural environment of a wolf caused him to lean on his stomach and wait for them to pounce.

They were getting very good at pouncing and tackling one another. At just two and a half weeks, they resembled a month-old puppy. And Sage couldn't get enough of it, it was the purest form of entertainment.

Rue, however, was scared.
She didn't like all the senses, she liked the confinement of the cool cave. With her ears pinned back, she didn't dare move forward at her mother's advances to join Remus and Ronan further into the open pocket of the sanctuary just outside the den.

Ronan's nose was straight up in the air as he tried to capture everything, and Remus rumbled with approval and applause. Everything they did was beautiful and perfect that the bias had soon set in.

The back and forth whine of Rue and Sage caught his attention and threw his own insight.

What's wrong?

She's shaking, I think she's scared.

Sage whispered, licking the pup and doing the most supportive thing she could think of. She held the pup by the scruff of her neck and joined in just a few more steps up towards the rest of the family before sitting down and letting the pup sit against her chest.

It was prime seating for the pup to be right under their parent's neck, and while Remus didn't want to point out just yet that they were catering to them already.

This was a big first step, all they had ever known was the den.

And it broke Remus' heart thinking that it was similar to how Sage lived through life, thinking that there was nothing more than a cage and pain.

Which was why she was supporting Rue.

Of course Ronan wanted his sister to join him and that caused him pranced back to his mama and her. They were very big in using their front paws and gnawing at each other, but when the bites started to get a little too much, Sage broke it up with a quick interjection of her nose.