To live doesn't mean you're alive.

Alice's point of view:

‘‘Oh Alice, so we meet again.’’ The figure grinned, a wicked crackly laugh escaping their tainted lips as they began to twirl a freshly painted red rose amongst their fingers. ‘‘What a beautiful girl you have become, with that enchanting blonde hair and those mesmerising blue eyes.’’ They spat.

Cautiously I watched as they ran their long, bony fingers ran through my soft hair as they circled around me, their other hand stroking my face before they swiftly halted in front of me and grasped my face in a tight squeeze as their bright red fingernails beginning to pierce through my skin drawing blood to the surface.

‘‘We never did finish our game, did we?’’ They asked in a rhetorical manner.

‘‘No, what a shame’’ I murmured sarcastically not daring to look into their vicious and poisonous eyes.

‘‘WHAT DID YOU SAY CHILD?’’ They shouted tossing their head impatiently their face turning the same colour as the roses.

‘‘No we did not.’’ I responded with a slight hint of arrogance in my voice. 

I watched warily as their pale face suddenly became engulfed by a vibrant red hue as they murdered the dripping red petals of the freshly painted rose.

''Well, Alice.'' The figure spat with disgust. ''Let's play a game, shall we?''

I looked at the malicious and daunting figure warily, feeling confused yet inquisitive.

''What do I gain from this game?'' I asked them, a slight hint of disgust in my tone. 

Stepping closer to me, their cool breath sending shivers throughout my body, a sudden malicious smirk began to dance upon their lips as a ear piercing cackled escaped their rouge red lips as they uttered the words;

''Your freedom, little girl.''