The Shining Beacon

Several ships carrying students docked at the entrance of the school. As soon as one landed, a boy emerged and went over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he lost his lunch.

Ruby, Yang, and Eclipse, alongside several other students, walked out of the ship and headed down the paved path to the front of the school.

"Wow..." the three said in unison while staring up at the school.

"The view from Vale's got nothing on this!" Yang said enthusiastically.

Ruby started getting so excited to the point where she was almost floating, "Ohmygosh, guys! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!" She tried getting closer, but Yang and Eclipse pulled her back over to them by the hood. "Ow! Ooww!"

"Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!"

"Not completely Yang," Eclipse said, playing mediator per usual. "Most if not all of the kids here made their weapons, they're as much a part of them as Ember Celica are of you."

"'Just weapons'?" Ruby asked sounding offended. "They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!"

"Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon?" Yang asked, still not completely understanding her younger sister's fascination. "Aren't you happy with it?"

Ruby transformed her weapon into its scythe form,"Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better..."

Yang playfully pushed her sister's hood down over her face, "Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own? You can't be like Eclipse and ignore social interaction, that's her job!"

"I don't 'ignore social interaction'," Eclipse informed her, for possibly the thousandth time. "I just know how to enjoy silence sometimes unlike someone."

"Yeah, whenever you have to talk to someone."

"Ok you-"

"But... why would I need friends if I have you?" Ruby asked, taking off her hood and effectively stopping the argument that was about to start.

"Well..." In a flash, a group of other students surrounded Yang and they all dashed down the road. "Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!"

Ruby was now spinning and dizzy-eyed from Yang's sudden leaving, "Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms?" She stopped for a moment, still reeling, "I don't know what I'm doing..."

Ruby fell backwards into a luggage cart, sending cases flying. Eclipse winced and went to help her, only to find someone standing over her.

She was a pale-skinned young woman with pale blue eyes and long white hair that was pulled back into an off-center ponytail or braid on the right side and pinned with a silver, icicle-shaped tiara. She was shorter than Eclipse even with the heels she was wearing, and had a scar which ran vertically down her left eye and face.

To Eclipse she was very pretty and also made the heterochromic teen curious, 'Where did she get that scar?'

"What are you doing?!" Eclipse was brought out of her thoughts by the girl's screaming.

"Oh merde." Eclipse cursed as she recognized the girl.

Ruby was quick to get up and start apologizing, "Uh, sorry!"

"Sorry?! Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused?"

Ruby, who was now holding a case, "Uuhhh..."