15 - Leo Meets the Beauty Queen's Sister

Rebecca led Leo around a small corner. Probably she didn't want Jason to think they were, what? Cuddling or something?

They sat down. Leo felt awkward. Normally he'd want to sit next to Rebecca as she slept next to him (although if he ever said it out loud, he'd probably choose less stalker-ish wording) but now it just felt wrong.

"So who are we supposed to take care of?" Leo asked.

"Silena." Rebecca hugged her knees. "She's the one who's obsessed with my loyalties."

"Oh." Leo had been hoping they could take care of that guy, Nate. He really did remind him of himself. Always cracking jokes. Always annoying Rebecca.

Leo wondered if that was why Rebecca didn't like him that much. He was too scared to ask, though. He'd just have to find out himself or wait until it was an approachable subject.

Rebecca fell asleep quickly enough. Leo didn't reach out at first. He was still a bit shaken from the last time he did this.

Just rip off the freaking band-aid, Leo told himself. He reached out and grabbed Rebecca's hand before being plunged into the past.

----

Leo was sitting on a log in the woods at Camp Half-Blood. A compact mirror was in his hand, and he was looking at his -- or rather Silena's -- reflection.

She looked exactly like the girl in the picture Beckendorf had pulled out the day he'd died.

The girl scrutinized her eyeshadow. Unsatisfied, she reached up with her other hand and dabbed at it a bit with her index finger. Then she smiled, closed the compact, and put it away.

Suddenly something burned on her wrist. Silena looked down and Leo noticed a bracelet with a scythe charm on her wrist. It was glowing slightly.

"Silena."

Silena turned around and saw Rebecca, who was wearing full battle armor.

"Hello, Rebecca," Silena said, nervousness in her voice.

"Not just Rebecca," said a boy, stepping out of the shadows. It was the kid with the eye patch Leo had seen in Beckendorf's flashback.

"Ethan," Silena greeted.

"Any new information?" Rebecca asked.

Silena bit her lip. "About that... I don't think I should keep doing this. I'm dating Charlie now, and -- "

"We don't care about your boyfriend and your drama," Ethan snapped. "Lord Kronos is unsatisfied with the information you've been giving."

"I don't think I want to be a spy anymore," Silena said.

"Lord Kronos thought you might say that," Rebecca said.

"He told you that?" Ethan asked, frowning. "Why would he not tell me?"

"You're becoming irrelevant," said Rebecca with a smirk. "It seems I'm about to replace you."

Scowling, Ethan took a menacing step towards Rebecca, but she casually drew one of her swords and pointed it at Ethan's neck.

"I would think before I act if I were you," she said. "Kronos would not be pleased if he were to find out you tried to kill me."

Silena watched the exchange nervously.

Ethan scowled, but he backed down.

"Anyhow," Rebecca said. "Lord Kronos wants me to tell you that if you try to leave, we will tell the camp that you are our spy."

Haunted || Leo ValdezOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara