Chapter - 19

Nakul and Sachin were on their way to the airport.

Nakul: "Sachi...If you don't mind can I ask you something about your family?"

Sachin: "From when did you start seeking permissions?" He chuckled.

They both chuckled.

Nakul: "Ya... So, why is her father not arguing with your grandpa? It is his father-in-law, right? Then why is he bothered about his approval? I mean..you know... why does he fear and respect like he is his father? Shouldn't it be the other way around in India?"

Sachin started laughing and said " Ya I know man!! Even my Dad is the same. They are scared of him more than their fathers. He is their maternal uncle. Both of their mothers were my grandpa's elder and younger sisters. Grandpa was always a serious man. So they are scared of him from their childhood."

Nakul nodded in understanding.

As we left early, we took a tea break on the way, and now we are here, walking towards the arrival entrance. Sachin is walking ahead and me with Sasi uncle few feet behind him.

I saw a guy with a lady and a 5 or 6-year-old boy hugging Sachin. My gut feeling said that she is not his sister. Then I heard a little boy's scream!!

"Sachi Uncle!!!" and saw two tall Caucasian kids, her kids around 5' 5" height running towards him. Behind them walked another boy, pushing a trolley with a small boy sitting on top of the luggage. He must be the eldest as he is taller than the other two, must be around some 5' 7".

The smaller one sitting on the luggage extended his arms towards Sachin with a huge smile on his cute little face. Sachin picked him up and kissed on both his cheeks and kept him down. He then hugged the other three.

He adores these kids, and I could see it in his eyes. He was about to ask something when his eyes fell on something or rather someone behind them. It was then I saw a petite woman of barely above 5' height walking towards him with a trolley and a girl sitting on top of the luggage. The boy and girl must be of the same age probably. The little girl was also having the same cute smile as her brother and was extending her arms. Sachin picked her up too and kissed on both of her cheeks and put her down.

All this while, my eyes were on the woman standing beside them with a beautiful warm smile and misty eyes. My heart skipped a beat! Am I in trouble? Nope! It is just that, She is not what I had expected! She doesn't look like a bold, rebellious woman! If anything, that warm smile gives her the look of an innocent angel! Nakul thought to himself.

I saw her and Sachin hugging each other. She is crying and Sachin kissed on her forehead while gently patting her back. Kids were having a sad face and I didn't like it. So I thought it's time for my introduction. I walked towards them.

Nakul: "Hi kids!! I'm Nakul your Uncle's best friend. Come on shall we get going? We can't park here for a long time." I said with a smile.

The elder ones shook hands with me and the smaller two hugged me. Ohh...I love these kids. They are so cute. The guy who had hugged Sachin earlier introduced himself and his family. They are her friends.

I didn't want to disturb Sachin and his sister. So I took the kids to both cars. I introduced them to Sasi Uncle who gave them a 1000watts smile with teary eyes and told them that he knew their mother from the day she was born in broken English. He promised them that he would share her childhood stories with them.

I got busy with shifting their luggage to cars.

The kids didn't let Sasi Uncle pick the luggage from the trolley, saying it's heavy and while the boys loaded the bags into Sasi Uncle's car, I and the elder girl, Jessi loaded some into Sachi's car. She rechecked the locks on her little brother's and sister's car seats to ensure they have put it correctly. I felt a kind of proud feeling seeing the way the kids are behaving. I must give their mother the credit for this.

As the car seats were in Sachi's car, I told the elder ones to get into Sasi Uncle's car and by the time we finalized that, Sachi came with Meera.

Sachin: "Meera this is Nakul." He told while standing next to me with his right hand on her shoulder.

That's it? Nothing else? Dude!! I'm your best friend I expected a better introduction. I hate him.

I extended my hand with a smile.

She shook my hand with a warm and polite smile and said "Hi. I have heard a lot about you from Sachin and Nisha."

Nakul: "I hope those are good things." I said intending to establish a friendship with her. But my stupid friend had other plans and interrupted us rudely.

Sachin: "I have told her only the truth, so you can imagine whether it would be good or bad". He said with a smirk.

I hate him. I know from that sinister look that he wouldn't have told anything good about me. How can he be my friend when he had tarnished my image in front of her sister? I glared at him and bid goodbye to join the other car.

I saw her talking with Sasi Uncle and went to their car and Sasi uncle came and started our car.

I hope she wouldn't judge me. I would like to be her friend.

How will I get to know her?

"Uncle, are you also in Australia with Sachi uncle?" the elder boy asked.

I was caught off guard when they referred to me as 'Uncle' which I am not used to, even I have insisted my niece call my name!

Maybe their mother might have told them, that they should refer elder people here, in that way with respect!

"Yes, We both work together. And please call me Nakul." I told him with a smile.

"Sorry, I forgot your names," I told them and the younger boy took up the duty to himself.

" I'm Jacob Mathews and she is Jessica Mathews. We are twins. He is Jayden Mathews and he is the eldest. Our younger brother's name is Jeffrey Susan Mathews and our sister's name is Joanna Chris Mathews. They are also twins like us."

"Ohh..great!!" I replied.

We continued to talk about random things, my life in the US, their school life, and from the talks I understood that Jaidy is 13 years and the elder twins are 11 years old and the younger twins are 5 years.

We tried to include Sasi Uncle too in the conversations, but he preferred to focus on the road.