Chapter 6a

Hi guys, I've titled this chapter 6a because I had problems posting the whole chapter. I reported it to wattpad but lo and behold that did nothing about it. Anyway, this is the first part. I will post a chapter 6b with the last part.

Let's get to know the oldies! <3

****

In the group of oldies there are 3 women and 5 men. Two of the women look similar so I’m assuming they’re siblings. Wait a minute. I squint a little and look at them properly when it twigs. They’re twins! Not identical but they’re definitely twins. They look about 70 and they both have the same short grey curly hair. They’re even dressed in identical outfits which consider of pink parachute pants, running shoes and a blue jacket with a white skivvy underneath. I can’t help but shudder at the wardrobe malfunction.

Do old people know nothing about fashion sense? And why, oh why, do they curl their hair? Is there some rule that old people must abide by that it must be curly? Oh god I hope not! I don’t want to curl my hair when I get old! Goodness me, I don’t even want to get old.

Ok, ok off topic yet again. I need to focus.

The sisters look fairly animated when they talk and seem fairly fun to be around. As for the other woman, she looks about 65 and extremely shy. She has long white hair pulled back into a ponytail and she is wearing jeans, running shoes and a purple turtle neck jumper. I can’t help but feel relieved as I notice two things. 1. She doesn’t have curly hair, thank goodness. 2. Her fashion sense, whilst not fantastic, is better than the other two.

She’s standing awkwardly at the back of the group with her head down, not knowing who to talk to. I make a mental note to go up and speak to her when I get a chance.

As for the men, well, they all look fairly typical. You know how old men just look the same? Yes they all have their own unique looks but overall they just tend to blend in. It’s probably just me. Anyway.

Man number 1 is tall and lanky and still has a full head of hair. He literally has a mop, there’s so much there it just sits on the top of his head like, well, a mop. His hair is greying but I can still see flecks of brown through it. He looks to be in his early 60’s and he has a very friendly and almost wrinkle-free face.

Man number 2 is the complete opposite of man number 1. He is short, pudgy and has no hair at all. Wait a minute, can I see a few strands there? Oh god… ew gross! That’s hair coming out of his ears! Double ew! Actually… I suddenly burst into laughter as it dawns on me. He looks exactly like Vizzini from The Princess Bride! I mean literally. The only difference is Vizzini has a little more hair where this guy doesn’t. Still apart from that, they could be brothers. I wonder if Wallace Shawn has a brother. He’s even wearing similar clothes. Rather than the green tights Vizzini wears, this man is wearing trousers of the same colour. He’s also wearing the thick striped coloured vest with a green blouse underneath it and brown boots.

What I want to know is, was it intentional? Is he a huge fan of The Princess Bride or is it just a fluke? Although how can something like this be a fluke?

Oh god, I can’t stop laughing! Everyone is looking at me as though I’ve lost my marbles but I can’t seem to stop. I take a deep breath and try and control myself but one look at man number 2 again just sets me off all over again. I need help, my sides are hurting so much!

“Em?” Nancy asks coming up to me, her face crossed with amusement. “Uh, what are you laughing at?”

I can’t breathe let alone talk so I just point. I know Nancy of all people will notice immediately. Not only because we recited the whole movie recently but because she’s as big a fan of the movie as me. Suddenly her eyes widen in shock and she too starts laughing hysterically. This is why we are friends.