23 - The Odd One Of The Family

Start from the beginning

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know. It was years ago when we had found you in the church." Mom clarified.

"A church?" I'm confused. "What?"

"Let me tell you the whole story." Mom requested. I nodded, allowing her to move forward.

"It was twelve years ago, back when Lilia was only three. We used to live at a church. Your father was a priest and I was a nun." Mom explained. To emphasize, she showed me the necklace she wore. On it was a cross.

I wonder how they would react if they knew Angela was a literal Angel...

"One morning, when we woke up we found a four year old boy in the church. He was just wandering around, extremely confused. He had no idea where he was." Mom continued.

"When we asked him where his family was, he replied that he didn't know his family. The poor boy couldn't remember anything. He had amnesia." Mom stated.

"That little boy was you. We searched all over the town for your family, but they were nowhere to be found. We think they abandoned you and you developed amnesia from facing that trauma at a young age." Mom explained.

"So we decided to take you in, and make you our son. It was then we moved from the church. We were already thinking about it after we had Lilia, but you reinforced that decision." Mom finished.

"I see." I replied.

Amnesia? I had amnesia? I mean, I don't remember any of that...

This feels like an annoying plot device to keep a mystery rolling. Come on! This could have answers about the System!

[60%]

"...I understand why you hid it, but please don't hide anything else from me." I requested.

"Then we have one last thing to tell you." Mom replied seriously. She then looked to the others. "Please go to the other room for a bit. This is a secret."

"Of course Mrs. Walker." John answered, taking my friends into the other room.

After they closed the door, Mom went and locked it, leaving me and my family alone in the room. She waved her hand in front of the door knob. What was that for?

Mom, Dad, and Lilia all sat on a couch, and gestured for me to sit on the one across from them.

"You probably won't believe this, but it's true. The supernatural is real." Mom stated.

Wait...she knows? They know?

"You know?" I gasped.

Their eyes widened. "You know?!"

I avoided eye contact with them. They used to live at a church. How would they feel if their adopted son had a demon arm?

"Please, we can't tell you if you don't tell us." Mom pleaded.

"...Fine. Break the illusion." I requested. Krystal had told us apparently we can break her illusion if we wished, since she allowed us. I'm not sure how the hell that works.

The sound of glass breaking filled the room, but our windows were fine. My arm now looked like it's demon form, free from the illusion.

They gasped.

Rolling up my sleeve, I showed them the full arm.

"What...happened?" Gasped Lilia, looking at my arm.

"I accidentally discovered the supernatural on my date with Anna. In response, I had to end up joining a School for Monsters." I started my story.

"There was this one guy who was an absolute jerk, and I ended up having to fight him. I sacrificed my arm in the process to win." I explained.