Awakening

Chapter twenty six. On to the last of the second round, and then the semifinals.

I'll be explaining Inko's ghost after the sports festival. It's already planned out. You'll see.

So here we go... The next chapter. The next fight. The next step. This first fight shouldn't take that long... But the semifinals will be stretched.

)=(

"IT'S TIME FOR THE LAST FIGHT OF THE SECOND ROUND! THE EXPLOSIVE BOY WHO'S SHOWN AMAZING BATTLE PROWESS... KATSUKI BAKUGO! HIS OPPONENT IS THE MYSTERIOUS MIND CONTROLLER... HITOSHI SHINSO!"

The crowd cheered as the two fighters took their positions. Izuka glared at the blonde. She could feel anger drifting off of Inko's ghost.

'So you are mad at him...'

"I never said I wasn't."

Izuka smirked and turned her attention back to the fight. Midnight raised her whip.

"READY? BEGIN!"

)=(

"Isn't it great to be born with an amazing quirk like that?"

Bakugo gritted his teeth as Shinso tried to undermine him.

'Don't talk. You'll lose control.'

Bakugo dashed forward with one for all. Orange lightning crackling all over his body. Shins scoffed. "And not one, but two. You really are a lucky bastard. Someone who does everything right."

"YOU THINK THAT I-" Bakugo stopped. His eyes grew hazy. Shinso grinned.

"Too easy."

'Shit! I let my guard down!'

"Good blondie. Now turn around and walk out of the arena."

Bakugo felt his body move on its own. His legs betrayed him.

'Dammit. DAMMIT!'

Bakugo neared the edge of the fighting ring. He could see the edge.

Five steps.

'No!'

Four steps.

'NO!'

Three steps.

Bakugo saw glowing eyes from the doorway into the Stadium hallways.

'What?'

A shadow detached from the hallway, the form of a man walked up to meet him.

'Is anybody else seeing this?'

Two steps.

The shadow grabbed his left hand and brought it's head up to his ear.

"UsE It weLL"

The shadow was sucked into Bakugo's hand.

One step.

A shock ran up Bakugo's arm, snapping him out of the trance. Bakugo heaved a breath and stumbled away from the line.

"How did you break free?"

Bakugo whirled around to see Shinso's face full of shock. He flexed his fingers and dashed forward, without a quirk.

"You really are lucky. You even have my quirk bowing to you." Shinso sneered.

Bakugo gritted his teeth and punched Shinso in the stomach. The boy slid backwards and coughed. Shinso dodged Bakugo's next blow and sent one of his own, punching Bakugo in the face. Bakugo rubbed his jaw and caught Shinso's next attack, before rolling back and slamming him into the ground. The purple haired student bounced off of the ground. Bakugo leapt to his feet and delivered a roundhouse kick, propelling Shinso out of bounds.