Douse The Flames

Depuis le début

"IT'S TIME FOR THE FINAL MATCH OF THE FIRST ROUND! THESE TWO COMPETITORS ARE SURE TO GIVE YOU A SHOW! THE GIRL WHO DEFIES GRAVITY... LITERALLY! IT'S OCHACO URARAKA! AND HER OPPONENT IS THE COLD SON OF THE NUMBER TWO HERO... SHOTO TODOROKI!"

Izuka bit her lip. "I really hope you can pull this off..."

"READY?"

Midnight cracked her whip.

"BEGIN!"

A wave of ice swept outward from Shoto. Uraraka touched her hands together and leapt up, dodging the attack.

"AND SO IT BEGINS! TODOROKI STARTS OUT WITH A POWERFUL ICE ATTACK, ONLY FOR IT TO BE DODGED BY URARAKA!"

"She's got a good head on her. Probably trained like the rest of 'em..." Mirko muttered. "What's her quirk?"

Hatsume pulled out a camera and took a picture of Uraraka as she dropped down. "Ochaco Uraraka. Her quirk is 'Zero Gravity' She can take away the effect of gravity on any object she touches. It gives her some serious vertigo though... Her weight limit is around three tons, probably more by now..."

Uraraka landed and broke an icicle off of the ground, hurling it at Todoroki. The boy rolled to one side.

"Okay. The boy obviously has some sort of ice quirk." Mirko said.

"Shoto Todoroki. The youngest son of Endeavor." Izuka said. "His quirk is 'Half cold, Half Hot.' He can generate fire on his left side, and ice on his left."

"He hasn't used any fire yet..." Mirko observed.

"His father's an ass. Probably some bad blood there..." Izuka said. "I hate to imagine his siblings..."

At the same time, Izuka scribbled on a notepad. After a minute, she held it up.

"Shoto's eldest brother is named Touya. He's thought to be dead. A quirk malfunction. In reality, he's part of our group... He goes by 'Dabi' But you'd know him as 'The Pyromancer.'"

Mirko nodded. "I'd like to meet some of his siblings. I wanna learn more about the number two hero and his family..."

)=(

Uraraka dodged another wave of Ice.

"Todoroki, why are you just going with floor attacks?"

Shoto only grunted and launched another wave. Uraraka noticed a glint on his right arm.

'Why is it frozen?'

"Todoroki... I WILL WIN THIS!"

Ochaco vaulted off of a spire of ice, launching herself at the son of Endeavor.

"ALL IT TAKES IS ONE TOUCH!"

Ochaco hit Todoroki in the chest, all five fingers fell on his body, and gravity left him.

"I've won..." Ochaco said.

"No... Not yet..." Shoto was still on the ground. His ice anchored him to the ring.

"WOW! TODOROKI USES HIS ICE AS AN ANCHOR! WHAT A CHILLING STRATEGY!"

Ochaco felt her legs grow cold. "Well then... I guess I lost."

The girl was encased in ice.

Midnight cracked her whip. "URARAKA IS UNABLE TO BATTLE. TODOROKI WINS THE MATCH!"

The crowd roared. Todoroki thawed the stadium. Ochaco smiled as she regained movement.

"Well now. You beat me..."