22 - They Want My Hand In Marriage?!

Start from the beginning

"Oh, right...sorry man..." John sheepishly replied.

"I-it's fine..." Brutus responded.

"You sure you don't want to come?" I asked. "We'll be gone for most the weekend. All of tomorrow and most of Sunday."

"You'll be gone that long?" Brutus repeated, thinking something in his mind.

His phone suddenly buzzed. He took it out, before paling in fright.

"Please take me with you!" He desperately shouted, bowing down to me.

"Uh, yeah of course..." I awkwardly replied.

What's with the sudden change?!

"Thank you." He replied, before typing something on his phone.

"...What changed your mind?" I asked

"My mom wanted to FaceTime me over the weekend. But I can't! She's so scary!" He replied.

"Is your mom a bad person?" I asked, now worried.

"No, she's great. But she didn't agree with me coming to Hell High, so I'm afraid of talking to her while seeing her face...she can be really scary when mad..." Brutus answered.

"Okay then..." I awkwardly responded. "Hey Krystal, can you do illusions for all of us?" I wondered.

"Anna and I won't need Illusions. We can retract our legs and hide our eyes with our hair." John stated. To prove his point, I watched as his spider legs folded into his back, and he brushed his hair over his extra two pairs of eyes.

Anna copied his movements. They now looked like two normal humans.

"My wings are retractable." Angela added. I watched as her beautiful wings disappeared into her back.

How do they do this?!

"Uh, how do you guys do that?" I asked. "Duncan also did it."

"Oh, everybody has mana inside of them. With that mana they can change into a humanoid form. But since Angels and Arachnids monster forms are already fairly human, we are able to look completely human in our human forms." John explained.

"That's why Sapphire still has horns and a tail. This is her human form." John pointed out. "While the giant dragon is her monster form."

"Oh, okay." I replied. That information is useful.

"What about you Brutus?" I asked.

"I'm in my humanoid form..." Brutus sadly replied.

"Well, your human form is great." I stated, patting him on the shoulder.

"I'm in my human form!" Krystal replied. "But I can use my illusions to hide my ears and tails." Krystal's ears and tails suddenly faded out of existence, making her look like a normal human.

"And I can cover you, Brutus, Sapphire, and I!" Krystal happily answered.

"Alright. Just don't push yourself." I replied.

And so, the next morning our large group left to go visit the human world. John called Dunk, who somehow came with a larger vehicle this time.

It was a van which barely had enough seats, but it worked. Then I got to experience the amazing experience of taking the Hell Highway again.

I absolutely loved it. Loved it so much I puked. Along with a couple others. I think the only two who didn't were John and Krystal.

After we finished puking our guts out, I was eager to show them the town I had called home for all my life. We had exited back into The Webb house, the same place I entered weeks before.