One shot

Madeline POV

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini.'" Tony warned.

"Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly." My aunt groaned, I could practically hear her rolling her eyes.

"What's the drill?" I asked.

Tony landed right in the center of the church area "This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

At that moment, as if he had been summoned Ultron decided to join the conversation.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor challenged. At this a smile crept onto Ultron's face so bright it might as well have been glowing. Moments later hundreds of robots surrounded Ultron.

"You had to ask." I groaned.

"I wanted a challenge" Thor shrugged, totally dismissing the fact that this was going to be more than a challenge.

"He's a junior Stark, don't give him anything potentially dangerous, look what happened last time" I responded.

"I think that was an insult... but I don't care," Stark replied.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. And you Avengers, How could you possibly hope to stop me" Ultron interrupted. I really should stop forgetting he is there.

"Well, like the man said." Tony responded, gesturing slightly to Steve. "Together."

After that call to battle, everyone mobilised into an attack position. Stark went off into the air whilst Wanda started to control things with her red mist. I went off with my aunt, she would take one and I would watch her flank. Or we would stand to be an easy target so the robots would eliminate themselves. Cap used his shield as a boomerang, throwing it back and forth into the robots. Thor used his hammer to send electric bolts into the bots, frying their circuits. Or just plain hitting it with his hammer. Pietro ran around getting a jump on everyone smashing the robots his own way.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight. It says I won't let him do it." Ultranationalist stated before being interrupted by Hulk suddenly knocking him far away causing some bits to retreat. That guy has great timing.

"They'll try to leave the city." Thor stated

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Stark responded.

"I'm on it." Came an answer. "Oh, no, I didn't say you could leave. War Machine, comin' at you, right over the head."

Then the flying red Vision bot came in to lend a hand.

Okay, what?"

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin." Wow even the super soldier could tell, he was right but-. "You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Barton asked

"I'll protect it. It's my job. Wanda asked.

Nat, Steve, Clint and Cap left leaving Pietro, Wanda and I. I was standing by an arch ready to go Wanda was speaking to her brother.

"Get the people on the boats." Wanda instructed Pietro.

"I'm not going to leave you here." Pietro answered defiantly.

"I can handle this." Wanda responded blasting an approaching robot as she spoke illustrating her point. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before."

"Hmm." Came Pietro's reply.

"You understand?"

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you." Pietro laughed, getting a laugh in response from his sister. That has been his go to argument for as long as I have known him.

"Go." Wanda gestured.

"Coming?" I asked as he walked up to me

"I'm not wrong" he muttered in response, before running off then coming back remembering me. I don't even know why I waited.

"Re-route everything. We get one shot at this." Came Starks' voice.

One shot, let's just hope our aim is perfect.