DNA

Steve POV

I walked back in to the meeting room whilst giving a long stare at the girl, who is she?

"Yo Cap you with us?" Tony asked me, I think I might have been staring for to long.

"Umm yeah but I need to talk to you outside for a second". He looked rather confused at my request but didn't question it. But he didn't exactly move fast either. 

I can't stop wondering why Nat wants the DNA test. Does she know the girl?

"Tony can you get a DNA test prepped?" I asked

"Yeah when" Tony replied nonchalantly 

"As soon as possible please"

"Why?"

"It is for Nat". As soon as I said that Tony suddenly, actually seemed bothered. Figures.

"Ok then who am I cross referencing?" 

"Madeline"

"You mean the girl in there, who we are, well supposed to be interrogating"

"Yep"

"The one with H.Y.D.R.A likes, Nat wants to see if she is related"

"Yes"

"I thought Nat didn't have any family?"

"That we know of..."

"Fair"

"And we don't even know if the results are positive."

"Right, J.A.R.V.IS, do we have any DNA samples for Nat?"

Tony walked off chattering to his AI. I will never understand that man.  Wait. "Tony, don't you need DNA from Madeline?" I said gesturing to the room.

"Yeah, sorry I forgot my coffee this morning, can't function without it."

Nat POV

I have seen her face before, I just need the DNA test to be sure. Ugh this is driving me insane. She, died. I saw the body. 

It was around winter I was out with Yelena Belova, my friend. She had a 5 year old girl but I never learnt her name for safety. Yelena was always getting in trouble, she was one of the people who helped train me but also trained beside me. I say friend but she was my... sister. We grew apart but later on we became closer. Yelena was one of her many aliases. But she used it as her actual name. I don't think she actually remembered her real one.

Her daughter was from Yelena's antics. Yelena never 'officially' graduated so the child was possible. She got tangled with H.Y.D.R.A and was sent to find me which she did. She had other orders but she didn't follow them which isn't surprising. She was a wildcard but one who always completed the mission and one of the most skilled as well. 

Her daughter  was just like her skilled fighter from the start and always good at slipping out of trouble. Until there was trouble that she couldn't get out of. Yelena was confirmed and made a mockery of on TV. One of her bosses wanted to make an example of her. I saw the body of the girl, there was no information on her anywhere so they didn't know who it was. Yelena was always good at keeping secrets. 

But could she actually be alive? I thought that they were dead but now there is a possibility the the child is alive. Thats when I got the call from Tony.

"Hey Nat, I did your weird DNA test thing and..."

"And"

"Right this is really weird but it came up positive" At that point I dropped my phone. How? How is she alive?

Overcome with joy I came to the realisation. Either it is really her or a cruel prank, no they wouldn't be able to do that. But if it is her we could be in trouble.

But I can't believe it. 

She's alive.