《 Flower Crowns 》

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The next day had rolled around with Ranboo waking up first.

The heterochromia eyed child glanced over at the sleeping teen before looking outside which showed the glistening and sparkling patches of snow.

An idea popped into his head making a grin slip onto Ranboo's lips.

"Papa! Papa, wake up!" Ranboo chirped as he shook the sleeping male's shoulder.

A groan of dissatisfaction left the (H/c)ette's lips as (M/n) ducked his head further into the makeshift bed.

"Go back to sleep, Ranboo."

Ranboo pouted.

"But the sun is up and awake which means I'm awake too!" Ranboo huffed.

(M/n) just responded with a tired mumble underneath his lips.

Ranboo placed his hands on top of the upper part of the male's right arm and applied some weight on it.

Leaning slightly, the boy peered at the teen.

"Do you wanna make some flower crowns?" Ranboo whispered loudly.

(M/n) sighed as he opened one of his eyes that was decorated with (E/c).

"Ranboo..." the (H/c)ette grumbled lightly as he sat up causing Ranboo to beam and move backwards.

The child gave a hopeful attitude towards the other, wanting to make some flower crowns out of the flowers that were currently peeking out of the snow.

(M/n) turned his body slightly and ruffled Ranboo's hair.

"Wah! Hey, meanie!" Ranboo gasped out.

(M/n) just responded with a shrug of his shoulders despite smiling in amusement.

"Sure, we can make flower crowns."

A loud gasp of excitement left Ranboo's lips as he stumbled out of the bed while putting his shoes on before running straight outside.

The (H/c)ette deadpanned as he watched the younger go scavenging for the flowers throughout the snow.

The teen got up onto his feet and stretched before feeling some of his bones pop.

Putting his shoes on, the male walked over to the cave's entrance, wanting to keep an eye on Ranboo.

Ranboo was holding red and yellow flowers in his hands while he continued to pick more off of the ground.

The heterochromia eyed child had his tongue off to the side with a concentrated look on his face.

(M/n) gazed at the younger with a soft look on his features as he leaned up against the entrance's wall.

"Wah, no!" Ranboo cried out in surprise as he went falling straight into the snow.

Soft chuckles left the teen's lips as his shoulders shook with laughter.

Ranboo looked over at his adopted father and puffed out his cheeks, happily still gripping onto the flowers as he pushed himself out of the snow.

The boy then showed how many flowers he had gotten to pick out.

"Look at how many flowers I got!" He beamed.

(M/n) smiled, "That's a lot of flowers you got there," the (H/c)ette replied.

"Then let's start building, then!" Ranboo chirped as he walked up the older male, making sure not to trip over any hidden rocks or twigs in the snow.

(M/n) sat down as Ranboo entered the cave and placed the bundle of mini flowers in between the two as he too sat down.

The red and yellow flowers seemed to glimmer due to the fact of small drops of water that laid upon their petals.

"What colors do you want to start off with first, bud?" (M/n) asked with a raised eyebrow.

Ranboo looked between the two trying his best to decide before picking up a red flower.

"Red!" He chimed.

"Got it." The (H/c)ette responded with a head nod.

Ranboo responded with a bright smile and started on his flower crown with the red flowers.

(M/n) started using the yellow flowers to make the flower crown.

The heterochromia eyed child could be seen with imaginary flowers around him as he continued to beam with happiness.

'So bright.'

The (H/c)ette mentally cringed at the child's brightness that the other was emitting out.

Barely even a few minutes later, Ranboo held out a red flower crown.

"Done!" He chirped happily.

(M/n) chuckled and smiled as he picked up the red flower crown and placed it down onto Ranboo's head.

"If you fit it, wear it." (M/n) teased.

Ranboo nodded his head quickly.

"If I fit it, wear it." Ranboo repeated before laughing out with joy.

The (H/c)ette just stared at the younger with a fatherly smile slipping onto his lips.

'Maybe it was a good idea staying with Ranboo.'

Ranboo seemed to notice the finished flower crown in his adopted father's hands and took it out of his hands before placing it on top of the (H/c) locks.

(M/n) lifted a hand up to the flower crown on his head and smiled softly as he saw the joyous laughter and close eyed smiles from the heterochromia eyed child.

"Papa?" Ranboo piped up.

"Hm?" The (H/c)ette hummed out.

"I love you, papa!" Ranboo declared.

(M/n)'s eyes widened a bit before softening.

"I love you too, my son."

Dream ignored the bantering behind him as he gazed at his bandaged wounds.

"Dream, are you even listening to us?" A British accent piped up, slightly annoyed.

Dream looked over and saw the worried looks of his friends.

He waved them off.

"Don't worry, I'm just thinking."

The smooth lie slipped right through the male's lips as if it was true.

"Well, okay then..."

The trio went back to light arguing once again.

'Quackity seemed worried when I gave him the information about that hybrid, it's probably because he knows what Schlatt would do to him.'

A deep sigh left Dream's lips.

'Having a hybrid as an ally would greatly benefit me in the future, maybe, whatever Schlatt has planned, then I'll be able to do something...but I have to wait for when the time is right.'

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•