My heart has a weird feeling and I suddenly get butterflies in my stomach. I quickly proceed with the dance so I don't get caught staring.

What is she doing to me? I hardly know her.

I will admit, when I found out that I was being forced to marry I hated the idea. But when she came into the office, I felt as if it was a good idea after all.

When I saw the burns on her stomach, I felt anger. Some were faded but a few of them looked new. So now I feel the urgent need to protect her. I want to know who did it to her, and something tells me it's Santiago.

I still remember the way she glanced at him before shaking Rico's hand as if waiting for approval or the way her face turned pale when a floorboard creaked down the hall. The creak was barely heard and I didn't even realise it was a floorboard until Santiago opened the door.

I just thought it was a sound from inside her room. I didn't want to leave her alone when I saw the look Santiago gave her when he entered the room.

But I had to.

I tilt her back again, wanting to see her smile. She tenses a little and I bring her back up.

No smile. I frown a little.

"Spin us so I can see behind me" She whispers. I do as she says and she looks up at me "Where are your guns?"

"Inside pockets and waistband."

She nods her head. Her eyes moving every now and again behind me.

Her eyes widen a little after a while and she quickly moves her hands forward and into my jacket. She takes the guns from my waist band in each hand and pushes me to the side.

As I move she steps to the side and a bullet brushes past her just missing her by a centimetre. She points a gun forward in front of her and one to the side and pulls the trigger on both.

Two men fall to the floor and she searches everywhere for people with guns pointing at me and Rico and now herself.

She shoots up and across, one every direction. Men fall from the stairs, bleeding, and some fall from off a banister.

Her movements are quick. She takes quick glances and as she's shooting someone she's already trying to find her next target. She knows what she's looking for and is able to just shoot anywhere and get them. Her eyes moving around the room.

"Look carefully at their necks. They have a tattoo with a swirly letter R" I hear Adelaide's voice sound through the earpiece.

I'm so busy feeling mesmerised in Adelaide's movements that I get shot in the shoulder.

Asshole!

I roll my eyes and grab my other guns, shooting as well. The feeling of my gunshot wound is not affecting me yet.

"Get the Knight's out of here" I hear Santiago shout through the earpiece "Go back to my residency"

"I can stay" I say shooting a guy in the head. I look closely at his neck and see the tattoo Adelaide was talking about.

Talking of Adelaide, she comes up beside me and looks at my shoulder "You're shot dip shit. Go"

"I'm fine"

"Go" She glares up at me and I have the sudden urge to go 'aw'. She just looks like a baby when you take their candy away.

I cave and speak up, "I've been shot. I'm taking Adelaide with me" I say, so everyone with an earpiece can hear me.

I take her hand in mine and drag her out of the venue and into the limo that brought us. Rico getting in after us

He looks at Adelaide with hunger in his eyes and I move closer to her. I take my jacket off and put it around her shoulders. She quickly puts her arms through the holes and does the buttons up.

I'm going to kill him if he keeps looking at her like that!

She rips a little of the trail from her dress and applies pressure to my shoulder, making the pain start to take over my arm.

I hiss in pain and she apologises quietly, whilst tying the fabric tightly around my shoulder. She turns her whole body to face me and raises her arms in the air so her hands can appear from the top.

She presses her hand on the back of my shoulder whilst the other pushes the front. "Okay, ow." I say and she chuckles a little.

"Can this car go any faster?" Rico shouts to the driver.

Wow. That's the smartest thing I've heard him say all day.