Tender Moments

Y/n's POV

I woke up to the ground rumbling. As I opened my eyes and looked around, I saw that most of the trees had been mowed down. Eren and Annie were fighting. Or, more like Eren was swinging at Annie and missing. I could tell that Eren was more enraged than usual. Annie herself looked guilty. Her Titan was...it was crying.

Y/n: 'What the hell is going on here?'

Tybur: 'You're awake! I was beginning to think you'd be out cold. Eren is convinced Annie killed you. Looks like she believes him.'

Y/n: 'They're dead, aren't they? I killed them.'

Tybur: 'Y/n...'

Y/n: 'This wouldn't have happened if-!'

I was launched into the air so fast it was terrifying. Annie and Eren were rumbling on the ground Anyone could tell despite her being on the bottom, Annie was in control. Watching for a few more seconds made me realize that Annie was losing that control as Eren began to rain down a barrage of punches. If he kept going...

Y/n: 'Lara, if he doesn't stop, he'll kill her!

Tybur: 'You can't interfere. Eren will have the memory of it.'

Y/n: ' I can't just do nothing! He'll kill her!'

I struggled to my feet so that I could stand upright.

Y/n: 'First off, I need these damn wounds to heal.'

My entire body started to steam as the cuts and scrapes I had started to heal and get smaller until completely disappearing. I rolled my shoulders.

Y/n: Hey! Stop!

They both froze and stared at me. Eren's eyes widened.

Y/n: I'm okay, Eren! I'm so...so sorry that I'm the only one who made it. I am. But I'm okay now. We need to go.

He motioned to Annie with a growl as she sat there motionless. I fought the tears welling up in my eyes.

Y/n: You clearly won. So can we...can we go home now?

He rose off his knees to his feet. Halfway up, Annie roared back to life, and quick as lighting laid a hardened blow to his face, making him roar back in return.

Y/n: No! Stop!

Annie might have had her hardening, but Eren had his anger to fuel him. He was laying more blows than she was.

Y/n: Stop, damn it! We-!

I dodged a chunk of dirt hurled my way. Eren had unearthed an inconveniently placed boulder and was about to bash Annie's skull in.

Y/n: Eren, stop! We need her alive!

He hit her once.

Y/n: Eren!

Twice.

Y/n: EREN, PLEASE!!!

He finally froze and watched me for a time. I sank to my knees in exhaustion. My other injuries were still healing, and so the stress of the fighting and my body working to heal my wounds took a lot out of me.

Y/n: We need her alive. If we kill her...all of this would have been for nothing. I know you're mad. I am too. But we can't...let this opportunity go to waste. Settle down...and we can restrain her.

He huffed in finality. He let up for a second too long and Annie lunged at me, causing me to fly back. I hit the dirt, and my vision immediately went fuzzy. More angered roaring, snarling, and growling filled my ears until it all went silent.