Suicidal Maniac

Y/n's POV

Y/n: 'Can't lie, this breeze is nice.'

Tybur: 'Shut up and focus. Stick with Reiner and Bertholdt. If you can't keep both in your sights, at least keep one pegged.'

Y/n: 'Copy that.'

Hange: We've got a 10-meter closing in from the left! Let the support squad do their job!

Y/n: 'This is gonna be madness. I can already feel it.'

Flashback

Gunther: They'll only have our backs 'till we're clear of the city ruins. Everything beyond that will be uninterrupted Titan territory. We'll be more or less on our own. The only thing to fall back on out there is Commander Erwin's long-range scouting formation. The special ops squad'll be positioned here.

Flashback End

Eren: Loaded question. Be straight with me. You think my friends have a shot at taking down a Titan?

Ouro: Really? I should certainly hope so, otherwise what the hell have they been training for? Now listen and listen well. Prepared or not, you're all Scouts, which means the time is nigh to choke back those fears and-!

He bit his tongue again.

Y/n: 'Thank the walls! His impersonation of Levi is horrible.'

Erwin: Long-range formation. Let's go!

Reiner: See you around. Good luck.

Y/n: 'I hope you get eaten.'

Jean: Do us a favor and if you run into one of them, don't piss yourself.

Armin: Yeah. Same goes for you.

After we split off, I noticed that Armin was looking back and forth.

Y/n: Armin, relax! I know you want to be on point, but if you keep firing on all cylinders, you're gonna burn yourself out. Relax, okay? I'm here too. They can't sneak up on us.

Armin: Right! Thanks, Y/n.

A red flare went off to our right. Armin and I waited in silence. A black flare went off in the same direction.

Y/n: Armin!

Armin: Got it!

He fired off a black flare as well.

Y/n: 'Logically, if we were waiting for the enemy, the only person we have to worry about is Annie. Reiner and Bertholdt are accounted for, so they can't just disappear.'

Tybur: 'Do you think the MP's would give her time off?'

Y/n: 'If they did, it's unfortunate that it landed on the day of this mission. She's going to be here.'

Tybur: 'And are you ready to fight her?'

Y/n: 'No. No, I'm not.'

We watched as Ness and Cis took out the abnormal we spotted.

Armin: Way to go! Nicely done, Ness!

In the distance, I could hear faint footfall. It was measured, which meant it couldn't have been an abnormal. So who....? When the running picked up, I blanched.

Y/n: 'Annie's here. Shit!'

Armin and I looked right at her.

Y/n: Armin, shoot another black flare!