What Did The Bag Do?

Y/n's POV

It's been about a couple of months? Maybe three months since I started dating Annie. To be honest, she's quite the sweetheart when she wants to be. I've told her time and time again that she doesn't need to go out of her way to make me happy. This is especially if it makes her uncomfortable, but that hasn't done much to deter her. She'll walk as close as our bodies allow, attempt to have a conversation with me, isn't as tense when I'm around, and in private, when it's just the two of us, will even hold my hand.

But as good as that's going, I'm still doing Titan training. Meaning it feels like I was revived, and my limbs are still dead. I struggle with our endurance and strength practices, which isn't good because Shadis called me out, and now it's come to everyone's attention. And you know what that means. Questions.

Armin: Are you sure you can keep going? You're already as tired as it is. You don't want to push yourself too hard, Y/n.

Y/n: Tell me something, Armin. I can trust you to spot me, yes?

Armin: Well, of course you can!

Y/n: Then stop talking and do just that.

Armin: But, Y/n-!

Annie: Move.

Annie shoved Armin out of his spot and stood in it.

Annie: I've got it from here.

Y/n: Annie. You're a sight for sore eyes.

Annie: Keep your eyes off of my body, pervert.

Y/n: That's not what I meant, swear!

Annie: Just do as I say.

Y/n: Why of course, princess.

She kneed me in the side of my head for that.

Y/n: Hey! I'm lifting heavy ass weights!

Annie: And I'm spotting you. Relax.

Y/n: Ugh. I hate it here.

Annie: So, are you going to tell anyone why you're acting the way you are? Or am I going to chase off anyone who asks?

Y/n: I'll tell you because I trust you.

Annie: Hmph.

Y/n: I've been doing extra training at night. In the forest.

Annie: Ok...why, though?

Y/n: I want to be better. I want to be ranked first.

Annie: That would mean surpassing Ackerman.

Y/n: I know.

Annie: Y/n, you could seriously hurt yourself with nobody out there to call for if you need help.

Y/n: No pain, no gain?

Annie: You're insufferable.

Y/n: And yet, you're still here.

Annie: Not for long.

Y/n: Ouch. Just for that, you can sit alone at dinner.

Annie: Suits me, anyway. The boys are complaining I don't spend enough time with them anymore. That, and I think your friends miss you.

Y/n: Woah, hey, I was only kidding.

Annie: I know. But I was serious. Just for tonight, okay?

I frowned to show my distaste.

Tybur: 'You should be happy. This separation gives us more time to converse and plot.'

Annie helped me set the weight back where it belonged on the bench and then leaned over to kiss me on the forehead.