Successful Allegiances

Y/n's POV

Since I didn't train as hard, It wasn't as difficult to get up and start my day. I did still appreciate Tybur getting me up early, though. My nerves were going haywire, and that's because today's the day I confront Ymir's having of the Jaw Titan. I decided that I would head outside to get some fresh air and work off my anxiousness.

Tybur: 'I get that you're nervous, but I don't think It's necessary.'

Y/n: 'Why's that? I mean, what if she tries to kill us?'

Tybur: 'I highly doubt it will come to that. But, on the off chance that it does, I have a feeling we'll be able to subdue her quite quickly. So long as we make it clear that we don't want any issues, we shouldn't encounter any resistance from her.'

Y/n: 'What about Historia? Are we bringing her up or leaving her out of this?'

Tybur: 'We'll cross that bridge once we get to it. For now, we make sure nobody else knows of her identity, and if they do, we need to be sure that they won't try and expose her.'

Y/n: 'Copy that.'

Just then, I spotted Ymir across campus, conversing with Historia.

Tybur: 'There she is now. We should talk to her.'

I heaved a heavy sigh as I walked over to both of them.

Christa: Hey, Y/n! You look like you slept a lot better. How are you feeling?

Y/n: I'm doing better, I guess. I did come over here for a reason, though.

Ymir: Finally come to your senses and got rid of Annie?

Y/n: Haha, no. I came to talk to you about something.

She realized I was serious, and the smile left her face.

Ymir: Should I be concerned?

Y/n: What? No! Ymir, you may be a little shit, but first and foremost, you're my friend, okay? Don't worry.

Ymir: Ah, alright, weirdo! Lead the way!

Christa: I'm gonna go talk to the others! I'll be waiting for you two!

Y/n: Alright, Christa!

Ymir and I made our way to the side of the girls' barracks.

Ymir: You're not plotting to kill me, are you? I don't think that'd be wise.

Tybur: 'Get straight to the point. Let her know that you know.'

Y/n: As much as I love joking around with you, I don't have the time for this. Look, I know that you're a Titan shifter.

The look on her face would've been comical if she didn't look outright terrified.

Ymir: I don't know what kind of sick joke-

Y/n: I'm not joking, Ymir. But please don't freak out, alright? I'm on your side.

Ymir: How do I know you're not some spy they sent to take me back?

Y/n: "They"? Do you mean the Marleyans?

The expression on her face darkened.

Y/n: Look, this is going to sound crazy, but I need you to trust me, okay?

She waited a moment before nodding.

Y/n: I swear that I'm not some fucking spy, but there are spies here. Three of them, to be exact.