First Date?

Y/n's POV

I might have had fun last night with Tybur, but I was not prepared for the morning after.

Mikasa: Y/n. Up.

Y/n: *Groans* Just a half an hour more. Please.

Mikasa: What's been up with your sleeping schedule lately? It would be best if you got up, like, now before Shadis comes around.

Y/n: I can't. It hurts, Mika.

Mikasa: What hurts?

Tybur: 'Careful...'

Y/n: The pain of having to get up every morning. I can't take it anymore!

Ymir: Oh yeah? And what if I called over your sweetheart? Think that would get you...pumped up?

Y/n: I'm too tired to fight you right now.

Christa: Ymir! Leave her alone!

Ymir: Alright, Alright! We'll continue this at breakfast, L/n.

Y/n: Ughhhhh.

Annie: What's the matter with you?

I looked to my left to see Annie standing at the side of my bed.

Y/n: I don't wanna get up. I want more sleep.

Annie: Too had. Now let's go before I drag you out of bed.

Y/n: But Annie! You're supposed to be on my side!

She kept her back turned to me.

Annie: I would like to sit with you at breakfast. Be there.

And with that, she left the barracks, meeting up with Reiner and Bert.

Mikasa: Well? Are you going to ghost her or spend time with her?

Y/n: I want to...

Mikasa: But...?

Y/n: But sleeeep.

Sasha: Y/n, get up! Don't leave Annie hanging!
You can rest later. Spend time with her while you can, before training ends, and we have less free time.

Tybur: 'The epitome of gluttony is right. We need to gain her trust and obtain as much info as possible before their next move. I don't know how much time we have, so I suggest we make as much of it as possible.'

Y/n: Fine, damn it! I'll sleep later.

Y/n: 'And quit disrespecting my friends.'

Tybur: 'Am I wrong?'

Y/n: 'That's not the point! Only I can talk about them like that.'

I struggled to get out of bed, and tears pricked the edges of my eyes as I moved this way and that while getting ready.

Tybur: 'Learn to power through it. We need to be able to combat the Warriors if need be.'

Y/n: 'If that's the case, then I pray I won't ever have to fight them...for their sake.

I walked beside Sasha and Mina while on the way to the mess hall. They made light conversation about this week's training and such. I was half-listening until a different discussion caught my ears.

Bertholdt: But Annie, we always sit together! You're choosing her over us?

Annie: That's not the point, Bertholdt! The point is: I need to keep her as close as possible, and if that entails spending my every waking moment by her side, then so be it. She is a possible, valuable asset that could benefit us while on this mission. This isn't about you versus her. This is our families versus her.