Asshats Crashin' My Party

Y/n's POV

Eren: So, Y/n, what's up, man?

Y/n: Your dad's name was Grisha, right? He was a doctor?

Eren: Uh, yeah! What makes you ask that, though?

Y/n: Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I just remembered that my mother knew him. The reason I'm asking is that not once did she ever tell me that he had a family. Yet there was you and your mother.

Eren: That is weird. My dad was never really ashamed of us.

Tybur: 'I'm starting to think Grisha had deeper, darker secrets.'

Y/n: 'You and me both.'

Eren: Well, hey, if it's bothering you so much, why not find out what he was hiding?

Y/n: How is that possible? He disappeared.

Eren: Maybe, but he left me with this.

He pulled a key from around his collar.

Eren: This is the key to my basement. Before my father left on an emergency, he told me that he would finally let me see what he kept down there when he returned.

Y/n: But he never came home, and so you never got to see.

Eren: Right. But, now that you have questions, maybe answers could be waiting for you there.

Y/n: You would really help me? Even though I just came to you with this?

Eren: Y/n, you're like family to me. Don't think so much about it.

Y/n: Alright. Thank you, Eren. I mean it.

I pulled him into a hug.

Eren: Why didn't you bring Annie?

Just then I remembered that she was here too. I looked around for her and found her a decent distance away-one that I know for a fact she couldn't hear us from.

Tybur: 'Perhaps she's being considerate?'

Y/n: '*Sigh*I love that woman.'

Tybur: '*Groan* Here we go.'

Eren: Uh, Y/n?

Y/n: Maybe she was giving us space. Either way, I'm grateful.

She saw us looking at her and watched me closely. I waved her over to give her the O.K to rejoin us. Once she came over, I patted her shoulder.

Annie: I know you wanted me to intimidate him into silence, but I had a feeling this conversation was deathly private.

Eren: "Intimidate me into silence"? What the fuck, Y/n?

Y/n: What the fuck, Annie?

Annie: I'll be heading to breakfast now. I'll see you there?

I nodded with a frown, and she left.

Y/n: Whatever she said, ignore her.

Eren: She's one of the most honest people here.

Y/n: Ha! Anyway, I really did want her to scare you into staying quiet. I didn't know how you would react to me asking about your dad.

Eren: I may seem a bit rowdy, but please don't be afraid to ask me things. Especially things like this.

Y/n: Noted. Breakfast?

He nodded.

Eren: Yes. I will escort you to breakfast.

We made our way to the mess hall, and I did not like what my ears picked up.