Chipping The Tree

Y/n's POV

It almost seems like sneaking out of the barracks keeps getting easier and easier. Probably because I've been doing it every night for about 3 months. Walking through the forest isn't exactly something I dread anymore, either. I actually find it quite peaceful now.

Tybur: 'I have additional information for you tonight, but you have to agree to actually train tonight. No slacking off.'

Y/n: 'Oh wow, additional info. How great for me. Sure, I'll actually try.'

Tybur: 'Start with your usual warmup. Go.'

I started with my stretches.

Tybur: 'Well, first thing's first. Would you like to hear about Ymir or Christa?'

Y/n: 'I guess that depends on the severity.'

Tybur: 'Okay. Let's start with Ymir. She's from beyond the walls. I know that for sure.'

Y/n: 'What gave it away?'

Tybur: 'The name. She was once worshipped by others who believed her to be the original Ymir. The first Titan shifter.'

Y/n: 'Tell me more?'

Tybur: 'Of course. She was exploited as a child, told she was royal and destined to rule. Of course, as a child, she believed it. She "ruled" well into her teens. When she was discovered, she was cast out and turned into a Titan.'

Y/n: 'How do you know that? Were you there?'

Tybur: 'That's how they dispatched of them. Subjects of Ymir, people called them.'

Y/n: 'Wait, but if the Marleyans turned her into a Titan, then how is she...Oh, my walls!

Tybur: 'Yeah. The only issue is figuring out how to approach her.'

I moved on to breathing exercises.

Y/n: 'Wait. Back up a bit. I thought there were three Titans unaccounted for? You know something I don't?

Tybur: 'My bad. Let's start with the Titan war, where our people practically damned themselves. The agreement made was that Karl Fritz would retreat to an isolated area and ensure that the Eldians would never be an issue again. In doing so, he wiped the memory of his people.'

Y/n: 'This is why nobody has any idea that others are beyond the island. Or that the island is even an island, to begin with.'

Tybur: 'Yes. Karl had the idea of peace. He knew that Eldians were hunted and that the only way to ensure their survival was to wipe our memories and lock us away. I deduce that whoever has the Founding Titan also wants to spare the Eldians.'

Y/n: 'How did the name "Paradis" come into play?'

Tybur: 'That was an asshole move on the Marleyans' part. Essentially, with the people not having to worry about war, it would seem like paradise.'

Y/n: 'Oh.'

Tybur:' Right.'

Y/n: 'Okay, so only people with that wish for peace can wield the Founding titan?'

Tybur: 'Probably so? It seems that those who want peace are the issue, though.'

Y/n: 'Meaning that whoever has it now wants peace? And the Founding Titan is probably kept within the family.

Tybur: 'Sounds about right.'

Y/n: 'So what of the Attack Titan? You said you knew who could possibly have it?'