𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

[ Chapter Five ]

Given Lightsaber And Opinions

"Stay sharp! There are two more coming in; they're going to try to cut us off."

"Why don't you outrun them? I thought you said this thing was fast?" Luke said. "Watch your mouth, kid, or you're going to find yourself floating home. We'll be safe enough once we make the jump to hyperspace. Besides, I know a few maneuvers. We'll lose them!" Han told him.

Katerina hadn't said much, she was just lurking in a darker spot.

"Here's where the fun begins!" Han exclaimed. "How long before you can make the jump to light speed?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"It'll take a few moments to get the coordinates from the navi-computer." Han explained. The ship began to rock violently. Katerina walked further into the cockpit. "Pretty sure the Millennium Falcon doesn't do that, does it?" She questioned Han. "Nope." He responded.

"Are you kidding? At the rate they're gaining..."

"Traveling through hyperspace isn't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd be the end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?" Han stressed.

"What's that flashing?" Luke asked.

Katerina assumed it wasn't good news. "We're losing our deflector shield. Go strap yourself in, I'm going to make the jump to light speed." He instructed.

----

They were now in a different room in the ship.

Kat didn't pay attention much to her cousin. Honestly though, she didn't. She wondered who the girl from the hologram was.

Luke started holding his lighsaber, Katerina sighed. She was tired.

Han entered the room, "Well, you can forget your troubles with those Imperial slugs. I told you I'd outrun 'em." He looked around, spotting the older Skywalker cousin's annoyance as she glared at him. "Don't everyone thank me at once."

"Thank you." Kat replied sarcastically. Han looked at her, though no one could see it, he had a slight smile on his face. "Anyway, we should be at Alderaan about oh-two-hundred hours."

Katerina watched as her cousin used the lightsaber. Her eyes widened a bit, and she checked her tool belt and it wasn't there. She glanced around when she noticed a hand holding it out for her. Kat snatched it. "Where-" "Left it at the Cantina." Han answered.

She inspected it with caution, then shot a look at Han. The Solo quickly held his hands up, "Not a scratch."

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han laughed.

"You don't believe in the force, do you?" Luke asked. "Kid, I've flown from one side of this galazy to the other. I've seen a ot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny." Katerina rolled her eyes at him.

And someone tell Kat why she had a feeling Luke would be able to do it.

"It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense." Han added.

And just as Katerina predicted, her cousin was able to do it. She smirked, looking over at Han. "Look, going good against remotes is one thing. Going good against the living? That's something else." Han commented.

Kan has slightly started. Yes, that is their ship name.

Should I take a break from writing because I might go insane? Probably. Will I? No.

Okay, bye!