Chapter 27 - Past Scars

Start from the beginning

"It might be a trap for me then," I heard Freed mutter.

"Be careful Freed," I called over to him.

"I will. I'll see if I can make my way back to you. See if you can find a way out yourself. Don't worry about getting lost, we'll find you I promise, but be careful it still might be a trap for you too," Freed called back to me.

"I will! I'll see you soon!" I called back before I chose a corridor and ran through it.

I ran down the halls of the corridors, hoping to find a way out back to the others.

Turning a corner, I ran into a bunch of dark guild goons. Not stopping I shouted, "Ice Dragon; Wing Attack!"

I blew away the goons with my attack and continued forward through the corridors.

"Ice Dragon; Talon!"

"Ice Dragon Claw!" I shouted, knocking away any goon I ran into.

I suddenly turned a corner to find it blocked by a swarm of goons. I skidded to a stop in surprise, but quickly focused back on my attack.

"Ice Dragon; Roar!" I yelled, blowing them all away with my icy attack.

As soon as I blew them away, a wall came down in front of me and behind me blocking me in.

I immediately got into a defensive position, when a different wall opened up next to me. Having nowhere else to go, I cautiously entered, knowing it was most likely a trap.

I entered into a large wide-open room, but most noticeably, there were no goons around, but I did smell someone, so I knew I wasn't alone.

"Ah, if it isn't the Ice Empress," a man smirked, coming out from the shadows.

"That's not my name," I growled.

"Oh right, May now, is it?" He smirked down at me.

"My name is Maylene, Maylene Dreyar, only my family and friends are allowed to call me May, and you are neither," I growled at him angrily.

He chuckled amusingly, "So I assume your close to the others then."

"Of course, they are my family. My brother and his friends, they are all my family and I love them!" I defended.

He laughed, "How can you love monsters?"

I looked at him in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

He laughed, "You don't know? You dare to call them your family when you don't even know who they are?"

"Ever heard of the Battle of Fairytail?" He sneered evilly.

I glared, "I know all about the Battle of Fairytail. I know what they have done, and I know who they are now isn't who they were back then."

He hummed amusingly, "I wonder how much you really know?"

"I know they made a mistake. They forced the guild to fight one another, and they tried to take the guild over, but were stopped. You can't scare me," I glared.

"Oh, we'll see about that," he smirked as he snapped his fingers.

A bright white light glowed brightly, forcing me to cover my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I was no longer within the dark guild's guildhall, but some other place entirely. A place I recognized.

'This is... Kardia Cathedral. Levy took me here before, but what am I doing here now?' I thought confused.