The Beach

The Neighbourhood - The Beach

It's the middle of night. It should be a normal july night, but it's not. Tonight, july twelfth, i land my eyes on the one thing i wish to have the most, but will never have.

Dream doesn't laugh, he just stares right back at me and i let my eyes travel around his face, taking in all that they land on.

I feel pulling in my chest and my breathing is uneven. It physically hurts to breathe and i wish i wouldn't be so god damn in love.

"You-" and i'm searching for words to say but nothing comes close to good enough. And good enough is not enough, i need something to let him know, some way to tell him just how much he is.

"If you would be colour, Dream, you would be blue."

and he smiles, because he knows. He knows that it's my favourite and pretty much the only one i can see the same as him. He knows that he's my favourite.

"If you would be a colour, George, you would be green."

"why?"

"because it's my favourite. And you will never see just exactly how beautiful you are."

"i'm your favourite?"

"is it that hard to tell?"

"i don't know. I guess it is."

the song changes again and i can't really hear the wind anymore. I open the car door and once again i wish to understand Englands weather.

The sky is clear, a few clouds here and there, i am in middle of basically nowhere so the stars look out-wordly. Literally.

I climb on top of the roof again, two wet daisy petals still stuck to the roof, i place my blanket on top of them and get comfortable, staring in to the night sky, too good to be true.

Dream is laying next to me, he probably can't see anything though. He doesn't ask, but i describe anyway.

"It's dark, i can see a few clouds but they are moving away rather quickly, the stars, my god, Dream, the stars are just... i don't know. I cant explain it. They are so beautiful. I can hear the waves and there is barely any wind, i can hear the music inside the car. Im a little cold and the roof is wet but it feels really nice. I feel something. I don't know what it is, i'm not sure if i like it."

"Thank you."

and we let the night slip away, i hold my phone close to me and even after Dream falls asleep, i can't press off the call. I feel like a creep staring at him, maybe i am, but i can't stop either.

Around 3am i move back inside the car and i open my eyes only the next morning, Dream's name on my lock screen again.

"Good morning, George!"

"Good morning."

I smile as i look at him, driving a car, eyes carefully following the road, hair messy, hands gripping the wheel. Still looking like he comes straight out of greek mythology book. Still just as breathtaking and blue.

"I'm on my way. I'll be there in about 50 minutes."

as he makes his way to the beach, i eat some breakfast and change my sweater to a t-shirt for the hot day to come.

"I'm almost there, i need like 5 more minutes."

I nod my head while picking flowers, out of the open car door. The sun is starting to shine more harshly and without a shade i'm forced to leave the car doors open, unless i want to die from overheating.

"Can i finally know what i'm doing here?"

I smile at the question, not really sure why he he didn't ask it a long time ago.

"Go to the water."

I step out of the car and make my way to the edge again. The wind isn't too bad, the waves look beautiful and it's so blue again.

He closes the car door and after a little walk he's standing on the beach, he looks around, closing his eyes for a second and i give him some time just to enjoy it.

"so?"

I smile and turn a little to my left, looking off in to the blue paradise again.

"turn a little to your left."

he turns a little and walks a little closer to the water, he takes off his shoes and walks in the beachy waves.

"hi." i say smiling, looking in the water, in the blue sky and i imagine the land again, it appears in my sight of view and i can't help but wish to just go there.

"hi." he replies and i have to tear my eyes off of the blue to look at my phone, i see him looking in the water too, smiling.

and we sit there, i make daisy flower crown and he is sitting in the sand, talking about everything and anything in the world, i look in to the blue from time to time, as if he can see me. As if i can see him.

And it's comforting, knowing that he really is there. He really is there, maybe a little bit to the left, maybe a little more to right, but he's there.

I look at him and he's looking at me. And it's oh so blue, the waves, the sun, the feeling. It's so blue.

"It's nice to meet you, George."

"It's nice to meet you too, Dream."

I feel the tears bottling up in my eyes and my throat feels heavy, my lungs feel full and i have nowhere to put myself.

"George?"

"Hm?" i'm clearly crying but he doesn't ask.

"Do you want to come to Florida?"