Silence on your side

It's dark outside by the time that we decide to go home, we have to stream soon anyways. I tuck the blue book in the same spot as before and let Dream know that i'm gonna call him when i leave the library.

My clothes are still damp but i feel a lot warmer and as i put my jacket back on i make my way to Davids table and hand him back the towel. By this time everyone is gone and we're the only people left.

"Thank you." I smile and hand him back the towel but before i can leave he speaks again.

"Um, George? I don't know if it sounds weird or anything but i hope you come back sooner this time. The library feels better when you're here."

And i smile and i feel a little tingling in my stomach. He's truly a nice a guy, i'm just not really sure why.

"Oh! Thank you a lot!"

"No problem. And, i have no idea if it makes you uncomfortable in any way but I was wondering if you have a partner or maybe you are talking with someone? You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable or anything."

And i don't know what to do because i have to be home soon and Dream is waiting for me to call him but to be fair i am not talking with anyone and David seem like such a nice guy, he notices things and i like that. I appreciate it.

I know that i'm long time falling for someone else but it's been a long journey and it doesn't seem like the end i close so what if i hold someone's hand on the way down for a second. I'm still gonna be catching someone else if the ever fall. But until then, i'd like to have something.

Maybe i'm selfish.

"No, i actually don't." I give him a smile to let him know that i'm not offended in any way.

"George?"

"M?"

"Could i possibly take you out on a date some time?"

My phone starts ringing and even though it's interrupting something i feel part of me being thankful.

"Maybe. I'll think about it alright?"

"Of course, take all the time you want. I'll be happy to see you here again."

And i dash out of the library because Dream is calling me for the second time and the ring tone is annoying.

"George?? What happened? You never called back."

"Sorry. I'm going home now. How much time do we have left?"

"About forty minutes. Where are you?"

"Running home."

And i barely make it home on time to take a quick shower and blow dry my hair, make a cup of tea that's actually good this time and turn everything back on.

I guess the library has taken my mind off of real life but as my computer turns back on and i join the call the anxiety fills up my stomach and lungs and i can't do anything else than swallow a mouthful of peppermint tea and lay back down agains my chair.

"Ok, can we start streaming now?" It's Sapnap and i haven't heard him in a while and as i start streaming i remember how i have been pretending so long, i'm going to be fine. Its alright.

And the stream does work out fine. We do everything we have planned to do and it's a lot of fun, it's like how it used to be and the way Sapnap's laughs somehow sounds even funnier now and even though Dream's flirty comments hurt a bunch more, this time it's alright, because i have heard him talk off stream and that doesn't compare to the flirting on camera.

It's towards the end of the stream and i'm growing tired. I still put on a show for the chat and smile and laugh and it's fine because i'm actually having fun and finally i can pretend about a few things less.

"George sucks at that stuff. Has he ever even been asked out? No, he doesn't leave his house." Sapnap is laughing and Dream joins and i laugh too but my mouth speaks before my thoughts and i blame it on tiredness and my want to defend myself but in a way i know that i want to hear something else.

"Actually, somebody asked me out today. So shame on you."

"WHAAT??" Sapnap sounds excited but Dream has gone silent.

"Really? Who was it?"

"A..friend of mine."

"Oh my god, chat, can you believe that? George is actually getting asked out? What the hell."

"You're such an idiot." And i want to laugh but Dream still hasn't said anything and it makes me wonder.

"What did you say?" He sounds quiet. He sounds serious.

"I said maybe. I'm not sure."

"Dream are you jealous that George is talking to someone else?" the way Sapnap says it makes my stomach turn. This isn't going that well.

"I am." And it sounds so serious that i know i have to do something. Fast.

"He's just jealous that i'm getting more pussy than him." and it's by far one of the dumbest things i have ever said but the way Sapnap laughs makes it alright and the way that Dream gets back in the character makes me sight out of the relief and i almost forget that i'm on camera.

"Ok chat, i think we should go. George sounds tired and i guess that mean we should let him get his beauty sleep." Sapnap is laughing again and i wonder if it's even real. Maybe he's just laughing about everything. Does he ever get tired of it?

The second that me and Sapnap stop streaming he speaks up in the call again.

"What the actual fuck is up with you two?"

"Huh?"

"What even was that??"

"Sorry." Dream does sound sorry but Sapnap sounds pissed and i don't really know what to say.

"I'm so fucking tired of this bullshit, you think that I actually find that funny? Bruh i'm tired of saving y'all's dumb asses by laughing at literally everything just because you can't get yourselves together. And i get that it's hard but god damn it at least come up with something actually funny! 'I get more pussy than him' my ass" He mumbles and without waiting for an answer he's out of the call.

i don't know what to say and it's silent and i'm sure that Dream is uncomfortable so i let out the only thing on my mind and it's the definition of lower case

"ok."

"Ok." And i want to say something more, anything, i've been silent for so long and now i want to say something but Dream sounds mad and tired and before i can say anything he leaves too and i'm left in the call with nothing.