Greek god

It's not that Dream would leave me. It's not that he would feel weird and after that we will have nothing left. Mostly, it's the thought that I will be sure.

Right now i can wonder, i can daydream about the things he says and the possibility of him meaning them. But the truth is, they are meaningless. At least to him. And i'm scared that it's actually the truth. Right now i can imagine, i can hope, if it proves to be wrong, i have nowhere to go. I'll be homeless.

Soft notes are playing in my car and the outside is completely dark, the waves still make all the noise and even with closed doors and music playing i can hear them crashing and the wind is picking up.

My car seat is laid down flat so i can sleep at least somewhat comfortably. The light is soft and it doesn't hurt my eyes, i lay on the seat and wonder like i have all this time before. Nothing has really changed.

The car smells like peppermint tea because of the little amount that i took in a little bag with me, hanging on the rear view mirror. I take a deep breath and i feel myself smiling a little. Is this what happiness smells like?

It's calm, it's unbelievably calm and i wish it could stay like that. It doesn't though. My phone rings, waking me up from my daydream.

Incoming FaceTime call
Dream :)

"Hi."

"Hi." i stare back at the black screen and i notice my messy hair and flushed cheeks from the warm car.

"You look cozy."

"I am cozy. It's warm, the wind sounds nice, the waves even better."

"Why are you there, George?"

It has been quiet for so long in our calls, it's starting to make me mad and i hate the way that i am causing more quietness. But i can't reply. Why am i here, after all?

"I don't know. I guess i just needed to come here."

"Hm." He agrees and i hear a little whisper.

"What was that?"

"Patches. I was explaining to her that i'm currently talking to you and can't give her all my attention."

"Give her some attention from me, please."

I don't really expect anything to happen but suddenly the black screen is not black anymore and instead i'm looking at a cat and hand petting it's head. The cat obviously is enjoying the attention and hurriedly pushes its head back in to the hand after every pat and scratch.

I almost forget that Dream can still see me as my cheeks heat up. He laughs but i don't care because Patches is laying on his stomach and i can see the bottom of his neck.

"Hi." is the only words i can let out and dream chuckles again and this time i smile too.

"Hi, Georgie. Patches, say hi. That's George, if he ever comes over, you'll have to give him a whole lot of cuddles."

and i know it should make me feel awkward but it really doesn't and i smile as the cat moves from pressing against the hand to the edges of phone.

"She's really pretty."

"Did you hear that, Patches? George called you pretty. You better tell him how pretty he looks too."

And i laugh as Patches moves across his chest and cuddles on his neck, causing him to turn the phone up a little more and now i can see his jawline.

It's pretty dark in his room but there is a soft, almost candle-like light, making the room seem really cozy.

"Oh well if you are deciding to be moody now then i guess i'll have to tell him myself."

i swallow hard and i bet that Dream notices but he doesn't say anything and he doesn't tease me about it either, he just keeps going.

"He has really pretty eyes, doesn't he? And his eyelashes are long and dark, they make his eyes look even bigger. And he has gorgeous hair, it looks so fluffy and soft, it looks even better when messy, like right now. And he has a smile of an Aphrodite."

"oh god Dream, shut up."

"you like it though, don't you? You know, maybe i would like to be Plato too."

"why?"

"Because then i could change the story, rewrite the history. I would make it a little more realistic."

"and how would you do that?"

"you're blushing."

"Oh shut up."

this time i don't mind the quietness. I can register the song change and how the wind has calmed down significantly.

"I would compliment you too, but i have not seen you." I say after a second and i watch as the hand that has been petting Patches stills for a second.

"That is true. Would you like to see me?"

"What?"

"Would you like to see me?"

"Why would you ask that, Dream? You know very well that i do and you also know very well that i would never ask that from you."

"Why would i mention it if i wouldn't be comfortable with coming through?"

"Because you're an idiot."

it's not that i expect anything. I have never expected anything. I have never asked for him to do something he doesn't want to and we have been fine living like that. I have never minded but now, seeing his hands scratching Patches head and his yaw moving as he talks, i want more.

I might be selfish, but i want more.

And he delivers. He doesn't make it a big deal, he at least tries not to but i still notice his anxious breathing as his face now fully covers my phone and he looks down at the cat on his chest, giving her a little kiss on the forehead.

And i notice him breathing faster but i fail to notice myself not breathing at all. I fail to notice my cheeks burning like the hell itself, because i'm too busy noticing everything about him.

And i would be lying if i would say that i have ever seen something more beautiful. I would be lying if i would say that he is alright or handsome. Because it's a fact, he looks like a greek god and ten times better.

Is this what he meant when he said that he's a Poseidon? That he's a greek god? Was keeping the fact that he is Adonis just him being humble?

He smiles at me and he's still nervous and i wish i could tell him all the thoughts but i can't, because he's breathing and i'm drowning, it's a daydream nightmare but it's actually true.

Have you ever had something so good, that it becomes bad? I die a little, knowing that it's not mine and will never be. Someone has the ability to just look at him all day and i'm jealous.

I cant say anything and i'm staring but i don't care, all i can let out is breathy

"Oh God."