Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Mother and Father gestured us to sit by them. We sat in the very front row. The guests were placed on one side of the hall and the other side was the students. There were chairs on the stage for special guests who came to take part in the ceremony and other important people.

 The graduation begins with a speech from the principal, Mr Dewsnap. Mr Dewsnap looked like one of those teachers who would get angry at you for the smallest things, whether it was bad handwriting or in this world may be your technique with the sword is slightly off.

Anyways all throughout his speech he had an ugly smug look on his face. That was totally uncalled for, however, no one else but me seemed to mind. Next, the Emperor said a few words with the Empress by his side. Then one by one they called students to the stage and handed them a scroll and a certificate.

Jackson was stood proudly amidst the students on stage. Everyone applauded them and then a lady walked up to the stage, she was followed by Emperor Noah's father who held an enormous trophy.

" Now we will announce this year's valedictorian!" She opens an envelope and read the name out, " Congratulations to Jackson Monroe of the Monroe Duchy!"

Jackson stands up from his seat excitedly and runs onto the stage. He was handed the trophy from the Emperor and a medal that was part of the prize. Jackson stood centre front of the stage and bowed in front of everybody.

 I looked over at mum and dad who were shedding tears, Mum takes her handkerchief out and starts to blow her nose. So they were just as proud of him as I was. 

Jackson stood center stage for a good minute as everyone applauded him. He then walks towards the stand with the microphone and starts to speak.

" I'd like to thank my parents for getting me this far and my little sister Aleah for being my inspiration. I honestly would've never thought of achieving such an award in my lifetime, but as you can see dreams really do come true. Thank you to my teachers who've guided me through the years and to the Emperor for giving me this amazing opportunity. Thank you.

After the awards, it was the ceremonial banquet. We had a quick word with him and mum had just enough time to smother him with kisses before people started to gather around us. They were mostly aristocrats or people with high status wanting to make connections with him and possibly recruit him to one of their companies.

Soon enough we have swept away from Jackson due to the thickness of the crowd. Mum and dad went on their way to start talking to other parents whose children have also graduated. By the smug look on their faces, they're ready to boast about Jackson.

I chatted with a couple of ladies who were brave enough to start a conversation with me. I could tell they were nervous, not that I blame them.

" Excuse me but the Duke would like to see you."

I looked behind me to see a butler bowed down. Dad? That's unusual for him to call for me using a butler, he usually would just approach me himself. Maybe he's in a situation he can't get out of.

" Yes, and where would Father be right now?"

" In his suite of course."

I nodded and thanked him. I bid farewell to the ladies and my way out of the hall, but before I could leave someone called out for me. I turned to the side and saw dad, odd the butler said he was in his suite...