11 - Cue The Training Montage!

Start from the beginning

In one day I was able to level up my [Eagle Eye] skill twice and level up my Strength Stat once.

"Sally, pull up my inventory." I requested.

She pulled up the [Inventory], allowing me to see my [Deathbane Bow].

[Deathbane Bow] Level 3 - A Bow made from the bones of a Grim Reaper.

I also leveled up the bow once, making it slightly stronger than before.

This is good. Now I'm going to go rest, my arms are killing me...

——————————————————————————

Day 2 of Training - [Chains of Holy Fire]

"So, how do you use your Holy Fire?" I asked Angela.

I was back onto the the training field, but this time I had brought Angela with me. She could control her Holy Flames, so some insight from her might better my own control.

I had only lit the chains on fire once, and that was only to see if it was possible. Even when I murdered the Corrupted, I didn't use the fire.

So I have no idea how well I can control it.

"Well, you have to make it bend to your will." Angela stated.

I looked at her, confused. "But it's not alive."

"It's not." She confirmed. "But you have to be strong in order to control it. Then you make it bend to your will, and do what you want it to."

"So...be strong and use my imagination...?" I asked uncertainly.

"Yes! You understood quickly. Just what I would expect from you Jack!" Angela happily responded.

Angela, you seriously have too much faith in me. Couldn't you hear the uncertainty in my voice?

"Alright..." I muttered. "Let's do this."

I called the [Chains of Holy Fire], causing them to appear around my right arm.

Alright. Holy Fire, appear.

The white fire suddenly burned to life on the chain, flaring rapidly. It blazed wildly, trying to burn anything.

Stop. Calm down.

...

Stop. Calm down.

...

The flames can't hurt you this time.

...

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

...

Flames, calm down.

...

Flames, calm down.

..

Stop! Stop now!

...

The flames died down, burning at a much more manageable level than before. Sweat dripped down my face from the strain. It was a lot harder than I imagined.

"You did it!" Angela cheered.

[Chains of Holy Fire] - Level Up! - Unlocked "control over the flames".

Oh, so now I can control the flames. Hmm...

I wonder what I can do with them?

"Angela. How do you use your flames to fight?" I asked her.

"I usually just coat my fists with them, but sometimes I launch a blast of fire from them." Angela stated. "And sometimes I coat other parts, like my legs or wings." She quickly added.