7 - The Prisoner Of The Hollow

Start from the beginning

I blacked out.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Ugh...what's going on...?

My head is throbbing, my body feels numb. What happened?

I opened my eyes, only to see darkness. Where am I?

"Are you alright Host?!" Asked Sally worriedly.

"I'm fine..." I groaned, my voice raspy.

"That was quite the fall." Sally commented.

I sat up. Is everything fine?

Ouch! Not fine! Not fine!

A searing pain burned through my left arm. I didn't know what was wrong, it was too dark. I couldn't see anything. But it hurt. I couldn't even move it, that's how bad.

"Sally...what's with...my arm...?" I asked.

"It's broken from the fall." She informed me.

So...this is what it...feels like...

To have a bone broken.

It hurts! It hurts! It hurts so freaking much! I want the pain to go away!

"Stay calm Host. Panicking won't help." Sally suggested, trying to calm me down.

Okay, deep breath in, deep breath out.

In, out.

In, out.

It hurts.

In, out.

Calm down.

I shakily stood up, my left arm hanging limp at my side. It hurts! What do I do?

Wait. I have the [Hollow Wanderer] skill. Can't I make myself another portal? Then someone can help me.

A screen popped up in front of my vision, slightly illuminating the darkness.

[Mission] - Find and save The Prisoner of The Hollow in the ravine.

[Reward] - 100 AP

[Punishment] - [Hollow Wanderer] skill disabled for a day.

[Time] - 5 hours.

[Bonus] - Convince the Prisoner to come with you.

[Bonus Reward] - 20 AP

[Y/N]

You got to be kidding me. I have to accept the mission. If I don't, I'll lose access to my only way out for a whole day.

I don't know if I can survive a whole day.

I clicked the [Y] button, accepting the mission. This System is cruel...

Another howl pierced the sky, from way up above. The howl was incredibly faint, as the Corrupted was sitting at the very top of the ravine.

"We should quickly find the Prisoner." Sally suggested. "The Corrupted will arrive soon, and you are in no condition to fight it."

"Alright." I agreed. I winced as I started to walk. Ow, my leg is hurting too. Not as much as my broken arm. I can still walk. It's fine.

This is pretty bad. But it could be worse.