4 - Taking The Highway To Hell

Start from the beginning

Seriously?! Sally?!

"I was not programmed to have complete knowledge over the System. It's existence is a mystery." Sally continued.

The message changed, now showing a loading screen. The bar was at 67%, and was moving higher every second.

70%

...

80%

...

90%

...

92%

...

96%

...

99%

...

As soon as the bar hit 100%, it disappeared, now showing me the System menu once more. But now it had changed.

[Monster Harem System]

[Profile]

[Inventory]

[Lottery]

[Affection]

[Harem]

[Missions]

What? Monster Harem System?

"I see." Sally suddenly said, as if she finally understood everything.

What do you see? What's going on?

"With the System's upgrade I have also been given more information." Sally stated.

So you understand everything? Okay! That's good! What do you know?

"Over 100 means that said person is completely in love with you, and they are permanently part of your Harem." Sally informed.

Okay! Wait, that means...

"Yes, Anna is completely in love with you, and will continue to be." Sally confirmed. "You idiot."

Stop calling me an idiot!

So, what's the new maximum number on the affection meter then?

"150." Stated Sally. "Upon reaching the thread hold, she won't provoke fights with other future harem members. But that isn't easy to reach."

Oh, okay. This is going to be troublesome...having a harem that hates each other, huh?...

So, what else did you learn?

"The System's true nature is to get the user a harem of monster girls." Sally stated. "It helps attract monster girls to you, giving you rewards as you complete missions to become stronger to manage the harem."

...and they're also monsters.

Wait. Monster girls? It only attracts monster girls?! I should have know that a harem system was too good to be true! There was a twist!

It was a [Monster Harem System] all along!

Oh no...

How am I supposed to manage a monster harem?! I would have been fine with just a girlfriend!

I clicked the [Harem] tab. I better see what's on there.

[Harem]

(1/10)

1. Annabeth Webb - Arachnid

2. None

3. None