38 ~ Softhearted and Stalkers

Jonathan

Jonathan

Addy: Did you get your car back from Nick yet?

Me: Yeah, he dropped it off last night. Why?

Addy: I hate taking the city bus, it's gross, let me ride with you to school ;)

Me:.....idk your music sucks

Addy: Woooow, rude. Fine. You don't get your Christmas present then.

Holy shit. Christmas was over two weeks ago and we haven't given each other our presents. Guess we had other things on our mind. We also might have developed some attachment issues with how much time we spend together at my place. My trip really did a number on us. I'm thankful though. Got us to confess our feelings and take our relationship to the next step. I'll admit it's still a bit hard for me to say it as often as she does but it'd be a lie if I said I don't love it.

Me: Okay, okay, but I get aux.

Addy: Kay, see you in 15 <3

A heart? I curse and look at myself in the bathroom mirror. When did I become so soft? My chest pounding every time a 5'3 blonde girl does something adorable?

I blow a strand of damp hair out of my eyes. I smile at myself, basking in the fact it isn't a painful task but easy and almost second nature when I think about her.

Maybe being softhearted isn't so bad.

Fifteen minutes later Adelaide skips towards my car, a sweet smile exposing her perfect teeth. I reach across the middle console and pop the passenger door open. Unfortunately I had to warm up the cold car or else I would've been outside waiting for her.

Adelaide hops onto the seat, closing the door behind her. She glances at me with a sly smile, "You want it now or later?"

I raise an eyebrow, "I have a feeling later isn't an option considering how enthusiastic you look."

Addy laughs maniacally, "You know me well." She whips a small black box out of her bag holding it out to me like a trophy.

I chuckle, plucking it from her hands, "Is it food?"

She rolls her eyes, "Of course not, stop goofing off and open it!"

Her impatience makes me smile. I lift the edge of the lid but pause causing Adelaide to groan. I smile at her when I hold out a similar small box to her from next to my leg closest to the driver's side door.