22 ~ Ignoring and Annoyed

Adelaide

I'm pissed.

All weekend Jonathan, Nick, and I hung out. I thought the reason Miller didn't kiss me or touch was because Nick was around. But even after Nick would leave he still never did. Because of his behavior I felt too nervous to initiate anything. He acted like usual. He joked and teased me, he'd sit next to me and I'd lean into him. But nothing beyond that.

A part of me is worried that he doesn't find me attractive any more or that he's letting my mom affect his emotions.

Long story short it's Monday and it's worse than normal Mondays. I'm pissed off and looking for a Jonathan Miller to scream at. Or.....maybe I should avoid him. Give him the silent treatment. That sounds fun.

Winter break is starting in a week and a half. That means no school and that means spending time with my boyfriend. If he can get over himself by then, he's being a brat.

I knocked on his door this morning but he already left for school. To be fair I do leave last minute so I don't blame him for that. He did mention he had to talk to a teacher before classes started so I'm just being salty that I couldn't go to school with my boyfriend.

Mmm, that sounds good to say. Boyfriend. It's been a week since we started dating but I have a feeling I'll never get over the fact that he's mine. Plus that mans booty is just so—

"Lainy!"

I scream and jump so high I swear my head hit the ceiling. Cara and her friends start to laugh really hard the halls echo with the high pitched noise.

I calm my heart from nearly jumping out of my throat and close my locker. It takes forever for them to stop laughing that I start to wonder if passing period will be over soon.

"Why were you spacing out so badly? I called your name like 10 times," Cara asks, straightening her cheerleading skirt.

I feel my ears get hot, "I was just thinking about something." Cara gives me a unbelieving look and I ask, "Do you need something?"

She tilts her head in thought then her eyes widen like her lightbulb ticked on. "Do you still hang out with those kids who look like their in a polygamous relationship?"

I furrow my brows and shake my head, "Who?"

She scoffs and points down the hall. I turn and spot Taylor and Dani walking into a classroom together, holding hands.

"Them, those kids. I swear they are all dating each other or something. I heard a rumor that someone caught them having an orgy in the weightlifting room—"

"Cara. Just get to the point," I cut her off, not wanting to hear about pointless gossip.

She laughs then shoots a dismissive glance to her friends. They roll their eyes and walk down the hall and into a classroom. "Sorry, I didn't want them to hear. They tend to gossip a lot." Look who's talking honey.

I suppress a laugh, "You're starting to scare me."

Cara looks around and leans her head down to mine, "I like you Lainy, you're cute. Like a mouse. So I don't like hearing people talk bad about you."