二 十 : At the Right Place at the Right Time

"Delicious!" Rengoku shouts as he takes a bite of his food

     "Delicious!" Rengoku shouts as he takes a bite of his food. "Delicious! Delicious!"

     "How are you today, Tokito-kun?" I ask the Mist Hashira. 

     "That bird just finished its nest," he says plainly. "I think it's going to lay eggs soon."

     As can be seen, I'm currently on my third day of patrol through Hosu with the two Hashira. As you can see, it's a bit odd.

     "I'll take that as an 'okay' then!"

     "Have you thought about which breath you want to use yet?" asks the Flame Hashira.

     "Admittedly, no. I tried Water Breathing, Wind Breathing, and Thunder Breathing but I couldn't pull any of them off."

     "And Flame Breathing?"

     "I'll have to ask you for help with that if you don't mind. After all, you are the Flame Hashira."

     "Of course I'll help you with that, why would I not? In fact, there's a villain for you to try Flame Breathing on up ahead."

     "Say what?"

     Looking ahead, you indeed see a rampaging villain. Rengoku quickly gives me a rundown of how to perform the moves before I'm sent into the fray.

     "Stand down villain, or I'll have to take matters into my own hands!" I declare.

     "Or what?" the villain says while forming a shield from his arm. "You'll cut me or something? Try your best!!"

     "Flame Breathing, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!"

     I slice him right down the middle, sending him onto his back. Luckily, the attack even managed to knock him out, ending the skirmish in a very anti-climactic manner.

     "Rengoku! Tokito! The villain is down-"

     "Behind you!!" Tokito shouts, directing your attention back to the villain.

     He looms over you with a massive shield larger than even the buildings surrounding him.

     "Lay flat and die, brat!"

     Time slows down as the shield slowly makes its way towards you. You try your best to do something, anything to stop it. Tokito and Rengoku were too far away to save you, so you'll have to do something. America Breathing, Thunder Breathing, Flame Breathing, Moon Breathing, Sun Breathing, you rack your brain and panic as nothing could help you in this situation.

     The shield is mere moments away from ending your life before something happens. All of your thoughts concentrate as you grip onto the blade. A mixture of dark shadow and blazing flames erupt from your sword as you swiftly draw it. A beautiful horizontal slash followed by a violent vertical cut was all that was needed to swiftly end the calamity. Resheathing your sword, you ensure the villain's unconsciousness before turning to your mentors.