二 : Entrance Exam

I stand before the massive gates before me, waiting for the signal to go

     "The apocalypse will reign, as we revel in the dark," Tokoyami says next to me.

     "As the apocalypse reigns, we will snatch our prize!" I say. "This act is quite fun, after all these years of not doing it."

     "That blade of yours...it emits a feeling of warmth, yet it looks like it could cut through the stars themselves."

     "That's cuz I got this blade as a gift when I was a child," I explain. "Apparently, my mother had it passed down to her as an heirloom, but she couldn't bother with it. After I got it analyzed, it was apparently made out of a special alloy called 'Nichirin' or 'Sunsteel'. The stuff is so strong, not even a thousand swings could crack it if it's kept properly. It even changes color to match the first person that wields it."

     Seeing a lack of response, I turn to see Tokoyami looking at the sword with a strange fascination. 

     "I had another one forged but I ended up only using one sword in my fighting style, so I could give it to you if you'd like. I haven't even touched it so it can still do the cool color thing."

     A gleam in his eyes shines through as Dark Shadow, as I've learned from our interactions thus far, appears.

     "You don't understand how much Fumikage loves this stuff," he says to me.

     "Oh, I know full well," I tell him. "Because I'm just like him-"

     "Go!" I hear Present Mic shout. My eyes sharpen as I draw my blade. I swiftly turn towards the gate and sprint into the city. Locating a pod of around five two-pointers, I land in the center of them before commencing my attack. 

     "Breath of America, 28th Form: Texas!" I shout. I do a circular spin cut as I slice all the robots in two. I stand tall as I focus my senses and steady my breathing. I hear a trio of three-pointers to my right and sprint over. I jump into the air and ready myself.

    "Breath of America, 12th Form: North Carolina!" I yell while dashing at the robots. I slice through all of them in one clean cut from my original position in the sky. They all shatter and explode, earning me nine more points. 

     "Nineteen!" I tell myself, before dashing towards another pod of two-pointers. Before I could destroy them, however, they trip over something and shatter on impact. Confused, I look around for a moment until I hear a voice at my feet.

     "Hey!" it calls out. "Can I borrow your shoulders real quick? You're twice my height so I'd appreciate it!"

     I look down and see a kid with some weird, purple balls on his head. I pick him up and plop him on my shoulders before slightly turning to him. 

     "What's your name? Mine's Tsugikuni Y/n!"

     "Mineta Minoru, proud future hero!"

     "You need some points?"