七 : An Onslaught to Remember

Now that I think about it, I have very few moves that are effective while airborne

     Now that I think about it, I have very few moves that are effective while airborne. I should work on that, but there's a savage terror barreling towards me at incredible speeds so I decided to think about it later.

     "Breath of America, 9th Form..." I shout, raising my bokken over my head. 

     I watch the thing carefully as it flies at me with its sword drawn. I observe for the right timing, waiting for it to get close enough. Finally, when it's a meter in front of me and prepares to cut my neck, I slam down on its head, handle first.

     "New Hampshire!" I cry out, hearing a squish and a crack from the creature before it descends to the earth below. 

     "Breath of America, 18th Form: Louisiana!" 

     I aim my bokken forward, jolting downward midair and aiming for the creature. It looks up at me before I hit it right in the chest, sending the two of us down into the forest below. I kick away from the thing as it slams into the earth, creating a small crater. I land and skid backward, managing to keep my balance.

     "What do we have here?" I hear a gruff voice ring out. "Looks like we do get some fun!"

     I scan the area around me and spot dozens of villains, popping out of trees and shrubs nearby. The group of villains slowly approach me, weapons in hand and malicious smirks on their faces. I quickly react when I hear a loud noise, raising my weapon to deflect the blade of the monster that sent me here in the first place. Upon closer inspection, I realize that the blade the monster was wielding is made of some sort of flesh and covered with eyes from hilt to tip.

     "Breath of America, 10th Form: Virginia!"

     I put as much strength as I can into my bokken and jolt my blade up against the monster's. With a loud smack, I shoot its blade into the air and knock the thing backward. While it tries to recover from the sudden shock to its muscles, I prepare to swing. 

     "Breath of America, 22nd Form!" I shout, slamming my bokken against it's hunched figure. "Alabama!!"

     I swing my blade upward with the might of a titan, launching the monster through the glass dome and into the sky. I didn't get time to catch a break, however. The villains have now reached the little clearing I was in, and they've grown impatient.

     "Breath of America, 46th Form: Oklahoma!" 

     I swing my blade and spin myself, creating a gust of wind around me. I steer my rotating self and the wind funnel from villain to villain, either sucking them into the miniature tornado or knocking them out from a smack to their heads. I stop spinning as the villains pelt the floor from their airborne state. 

     "Good goin' buddy, but you're against me now."

     I turn to the massive villain, towering over me by double my height.