十 八 : Hashira

For a moment, I just stood there

     For a moment, I just stood there. It was as if my body was still trying to process what my eyes and mind were struggling to. After all, it's not every day that you meet your idols like this.

     "Before we move on with things, why don't we introduce ourselves?," the largest Hashira says. "My name is Himejima Gyoumei, the 'Stone Hashira'."

     "'Flame Hashira', Rengoku Kyoujurou!" the man like a lion shouts.

     "M-my name is Kanroji Mitsuri and I'm the 'Love Hashira'," she says while visibly embarrassed about her stutter.

     "Uzui Tengen! The 'God of Festivities' and the 'Sound Hashira'!!" he booms while laughing proudly.

     "Why would I need to introduce myself to a brat like him?" the man with a snake hisses.

     "Isn't that proper etiquette, Iguro-san?" Kanroji addresses him.

     After a moment of contemplation, he looks at me once more.

    "Iguro Obanai. 'Snake Hashira'."

     Quickly, he looks toward the ceiling before I could properly meet his eyes. I mentally take note of Iguro's apparent 'weakness' before confronting the other Hashira that's scowling at me.

     "Shinazugawa Sanemi. 'Wind Hashira'. That's enough outta me!"

     "Hello hello!" the menacing girl greets. "I'm the 'Insect Hashira', Shinobu Kochou. The distant child is the 'Mist Hashira', Tokitou Muichirou, and the other distant child is the 'Water Hashira', Tomioka Giyuu."

     In an instant, a bright flash emits behind Tomioka's head before he turns toward Kochou.

    "I am not a 'child'," he says, before returning to his default stance of staring at the ground.

     "And now you," Kochou says. 

     I slowly kneel on one knee and lower my head in respect.

     "My name is Tsugikuni Y/n," I begin. "It is truly an honor to be here."

     "Good to hear!" Rengoku exclaims. "But we must address something crucial before your training can begin!"

      I look up to him as his bright red eyes burn into my soul, allowing his next words to deeply affect me.

     "Your swordsmanship sucks!" he declares. "Your form is awful! You're not breathing correctly..."

     Veins begin bulging throughout my face one by one, as the slander continues for the next few seconds which felt like ages. 

     "And worst of all is that Breath Style! What are you, a child? Who in their right mind tries to mimic All Might through a Breathing Technique?" Rengoku spits. "Tell me!"