~The Great Escape~

Trudgen's heart is in his throat as he storms down the halls of the Finalizer. He didn't have much time to get the girl out; her execution was scheduled for a few hours from now. The bags slung over his shoulders now felt as though they weighed more than a freighter. Stashed to the brim was canteens, credits, and a decent food supply. It wouldn't last too long, but it was the only chance you had.

This was something he didn't know if he would regret doing. It would either be the most noble decision of his life or the decision that would get them both killed. Nonetheless, he was the only one who could make that choice now.

Perhaps it was a coincidence that it went this way. That he was the only Knight left behind. Or perhaps it was pure fate that he had gotten injured in the first place. While the others were on a mission to who-knows-where, Trudgen would be battling to get her off this damned ship.

Allegiant General Pryde had poured all of his faith into the Knight; it was now his job and his heavy burden to ensure that the plan went as smoothly as possible. He knew it would work if he was given the opportunity. Now he would just have to take that away.

He fumbles with the straps of the bags as the cell door slides open once more, revealing the girl in all of her overwhelmed, disheveled exhaustion. Getting her onto her feet would be more of a challenge than getting her out, at this point.

"Trudgen?" She croaks, head lifting and tired eyes filling with brief flashes of hope.

The Knight could tell that she had been crying for hours now. Reddened, puffy eyes and a defeated expression riddled with fatigue. Perhaps she had finally surrendered herself to the truth that Kylo Ren was truly gone; Trudgen didn't blame her.

"We need to leave. Now." He kneels down at her side, fiddling with the key he had snatched from a Stormtrooper.

With a click and a heavy thunk, the restraints around her ankles come unlocked. The noise of them hitting the floor reverberates around the small metal room. He leaves the restraints around her wrists on, figuring he could play her off as another prisoner.

"Here," Trudgen unhooks the extra canteen from his belt and hands it to the emancipated prisoner. "Drink more."

While she greedily guzzles down the water to soothe her parched, scratchy throat, Trudgen tends to her wounds. He was lucky that he had cared for her when he did; the lacerations and abrasions were looking a little better now. She was bleeding less, at least.

"Okay," he pulls the half-empty canteen out of her trembling grasp. Trudgen grasps onto her arm and slings it around his neck, wrapping his own around her waist.

She groans as he carefully rises to his feet with her. Pain must have been crawling through her entire body, making her weaker than ever. Everything seemed to hurt; internally and externally. Out of all the bruises and cuts, nothing could be hurting more than her heart. He was gone. He was really gone. In her state of weakness and defeat, she wouldn't be able to sense him anymore. Her body must have given up on her.

"Can you stand?" Trudgen asks as he slowly releases her.

She manages a nod, reaching out to brace herself against the wall with her scraped palm. Trudgen scoops up the brown cloak he had brought with him. He pins it around her shoulders and pulls the hood low over her head, obscuring part of her vision. Her eyes drop to the floor as he wraps his arm around her waist once more, figuring there was no way she would be able to support herself alone.

"Stay low," Trudgen orders as the two of them hobble from the cell.

He glances over his shoulder as he guides her down the corridor. She clings onto him for dear life, probably silently hoping to herself that nobody would question this. Trudgen was secretly hoping the same. A few Stormtroopers tilt their helmeted heads in his direction and he gets a few suspicious glares from some officers, but none dared to approach the killer. None until-